Edoras (Rohan, Middle Earth) Lord of the rings Mod Project

Enjoiben374

It's looking really nice, and I'm keeping my eyes on this topic.

I've got two questions though; will all the houses be given interriors and be fully 'usable' (NPC homes with respawning loot and whatnots), and how do you intend to connect it to the Skyrim world?

Keep up the good work. =)

I've got two questions though; will all the houses be given interriors and be fully 'usable' (NPC homes with respawning loot and whatnots), and how do you intend to connect it to the Skyrim world?

I am not rushing this at all, so the plan is to indeed have interiors for every home. Most of the homes are very small houses, if not shacks, but will each be unique and fully functional.

As for connecting Rohan, or infact middle earth to Skyrim I have a number of ideas but I have not yet come to a decision. It may be as simple as a door working as a portal, but I want something more interesting than that.

It is most likely I will go with this plan:

A portal will be somewhere in the wilderness of skyrim, and you will teleport to somewhere in the surrounding wilderness of Rohan. If all goes well I would love to have the player meet Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas and Gandalf which will then start a quest chain, and you will ride into the town and up to the top of the hill to see King Theoden in the Golden hall on horseback, to reflect the epicness of the scene in the movie.

The edoras of the movie looks too small imho, to be a capital and have that big of an army

I agree partly with this, because there is physically no space on that hill in the movie to stable the thousands of horses the Rohirrim have, but a lot of the armies of Rohan are more spread out across all the towns such as Aldberg and Helms Deep.

Edited by Enjoiben374

the Edoras of the movie looks too small imho, to be a capital and have that big of an army.

Thing with the Army of Rohan though, is that it's summoned from all of Rohan, not just Edoras. Edoras in the capital and AFAIK the largest city, but as explained in the movies, detatchments for all regions are mustered before they ride for Pelenor, getting a few hundred to some thousand riders from several different places. Rohan is, after all, a very large place.

It is most likely I will go with this plan:

A portal will be somewhere in the wilderness of skyrim, and you will teleport to somewhere in the surrounding wilderness of Rohan. If all goes well I would love to have the player meet Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas and Gandalf which will then start a quest chain, and you will ride into the town and up to the top of the hill to see King Theoden in the Golden hall on horseback, to reflect the epicness of the scene in the movie.

I see.

Well, as long as the door isn't just standing in the middle of nowhere or pops into a shack which houses half of Middle-Earth it should be fine. I think a sort of Stargate-like portal inside a cave or dungeon would be cool.

It's 2:35am, and I am extremely upset and annoyed.

This is going to have to suffer a huge set back, I just lost everything. For some reason my .ESP seems to have just wiped it'self of all memory, and I've lost all of my work. That is in total about 150 hours lost... so yeah.. I'm gutted. School boy error not to back up files I guess... *sigh*

Edited by Enjoiben374