Mods not downloading

JadenKGI

Hello all!

I am fairly new to skyrim nexus, but look forward to talking and getting to know people on here. That being said, I have run into an issue. I mainly joined up for the mods of course. My problem is, nothing will download for me.

any ideas what is going on? I have check my computer settings and nothing is on that would block or dis-allow my downloads, just to make sure i went back to FableTLC and downloaded a handfull of mods for it.

Sorry if this is a rookie question, just not sure whats going on with it! Any help in regards is greatly appreciated.

Jay

I also have a problem when I download mods in my skyrim nexus mod manager. When its about to finish downloading, it just says that it was unable to do so. But I can download the mod on the web browser. So I don't know whats going on with these mods. Edited by Yunibrow

@ Jaden: When you say nothing will download, does it start downloading and then just stop? Or do you get an error message? Have you tried manually downloading any of the mods, and what was the result?

If i try to download it with manager, it gives me an error message. If i click the manual download button, it starts to load and simply goes nowhere.

If you get something in NMM saying "mod doesnt exist" the mod itself is fairly new and the servers havent had enough time to update yet, so either waiting a little while then downloading will fix it, or simply trying again a few times (just dont go crazy and click download 50 times, as it wont let you download that file again) or just download manually, if you do download manually and need to put the mod into the manager, just open the manager, look on the left hand menu, and there'll be a button thats a jigsaw with a + sign, just click that, pick add mod from file, find where you downloaded the mod to, and select it, and the manager will import it straight in!

if your missing mod information in the manager, also try the button shaped like an i in a circle with a + sign it should search for the mods information, it doesnt always work though as its a keyword based system :P

it starts to load and simply goes nowhere.

It sounds to me that you have misdirected your download files. What is the path you use for downloading?

Alternately, if even while manually downloading your download never ends, it could be a problem with your internet--what speed are you able to connect with?

It certainly is not my internet connection (cox high speed) and i know it cannot be anything with my computer itself or the path as i am running on a brand new alienware M18x with all top of the line bells and whistles and mods from other sites work perfectly.

I believe it is something to do with the site itself, as i just now noticed when i try either option there is an "uh oh..." message telling me to try again later...I may have to simply be patient and wait for the right time. I do hope it works eventually though, there are some extremely interesting things on here i would like to add to my game :)

Thank you all for the helpfulness!

well thanks to skyrims incredible popularity the servers are a bit....strained :P....they tend to lag a lot and have problems loading lately, nexus is becoming a victim of skyrims success xDD.....but for the most part it works fine, just has occasional bad periods, just be patient and it should sort itself out :)

well thanks to skyrims incredible popularity the servers are a bit....strained :P....they tend to lag a lot and have problems loading lately, nexus is becoming a victim of skyrims success xDD.....but for the most part it works fine, just has occasional bad periods, just be patient and it should sort itself out :)

I had a feeling it was something to do with this.i will keep my fingers crossed that a period of low activity (or low enough for me to download things anyway) comes soon!

thanks again everyone :)