Quick question to experienced modders!

muhabla

Hello everyone who reads this!

I use a lot of mods, and for obvious reasons don't want to go over the 255 mods threshold.

But!

I want to use the very interesting mod called "LoreCraft" (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9959) and all the .ESP's for the mods that I have. (lets say the DoODABoOM & hothtrooper44 sets and Jaysus Swords .ESP's (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15222, http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16892 and http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13136 respectively)

Question is, if I use TESVSnip and the creation kit to combine the Lorecraft .ESP's, set the Lorecraft .ESM as the master, and on top of that merge all the armour sets (so all of DoODABoOM's armours into one mod, and the same for hothtrooper44 in a second .ESP.) and keey Jaysus Swords untouched. Would the LoreCraft modification still work?

For those who dont want ot follow the link:

LoreCraft basically makes it harder to craft things because before you can craft something, you have to find a book for it. The book teaches you to craft what ever it is for. On top of that, on the mod page, it says that it does not interfere with the leveled lisits, so there are no compatability mods

Sounds like it would work to me, but another good way of cheating the mod limit is to use wrye bash as it can merge multiple esp's together and also merge leveled lists (enabling you to get the benefits of weapons of the third era, and jaysus distribution for instance, but it'd work with any mods that change the same loot lists) its pretty easy to use, and is a very very useful utility, its well documented and is widely used so theres no problems finding tutorials and guides on how to make a bashed patch and use its other utilities, so my best advice is start using wrye bash!

also i think theres a guide on how to use FOMM to merge multiple esp's together somewhere in the modders resource section.

as for lorecraft, congratulations on choosing THE mod for crafting list decluttering! its a fabulous mod and ive used it from the beginning, its got a great team who add lots of modules fairly regularly, and i personally have never had a problem with it ever, so enjoy using it, its a superb system :thumbsup:

hope that helped feel free to pm me if you need more info :)

I do actually use Wrye Bash, took me a while to make it work, but I finally made a successful bash patch. (btw, can I disable the delev/relev mods that are included in the bash patch? i was never notified)

P.S. In my game, the Throwing knives mod doesn't work properly unless I place it after the patch.. just felt like putting that out there,

hah thats plain weird @throwing knives mod xDD

as for the bashed patch its all easy enough, just right click on it select rebuild patch, go to the leveled lists parts, click on the mod you dont want and press the remove button on the left, also if the list is empty but you still have all the mods that you had there last time, just click revert to saved, then add your new mods and after the first one all your other ones will reappear :)...as for merge patches, just tick or untick as necessary!

also BOSS is a great utility, not sure if you use it or not, but it auto orders your load order to avoid conflicts and also has some useful notes on mods that should have delev/relev tags and ones not to merge and such like :)....but the order it makes isnt always the best order to use, but as a general rule its usually right :)

No, what I meant is, if I for example use PISE, 3rd era mos mod and 83willows mod, all of them are tagged delev/relev, and all are in the bash patch, then can I untick the actual mod .ESP's themselves, or do they still need to be enabled to be used.

And yes, I do use BOSS, but I just installed a few mods, ran boss, and my game doesn't work now, so I will have to figure out whats causing the conflict lol.

P.S. I can merge .ESP's with Wrye Bash?

Edited by muhabla

ah i get you, i dont think you can untick them if you include them in the bash patch :P...the bash patch just makes them play nice with eachother (as long as its loaded after them :P)

as for boss, that's weird :P....unfortuneatly modding is full of potential pitfalls, although i must say the benefits far outweigh any difficulties :)...just play around, check how things are working,...after a while you'll get the hang of things its not too hard :)...a lot of trial and error and such, i've only been modding since skyrims release :P (well a small amount of diablo 2 and oblivion modding before that)

yep although im not sure of the limitations of wrye bashes merging, if you've got mods ticked in the merged part while your building your bashed patch, once its done there will be a plus sign next to the mods in the wrye bash mod list and that indicates that its been merged into the bashed patch and its technically deactivated :)......im sure if you read some of the wrye bash bashed patch section of the readme you'll find out what things it can merge, i just use the auto function myself :P

Is there a way to save wrye bash load orders?

Yes there is, simply open wrye bash, right click on the load order tab near the top while looking at mods, click load > save list...typeon in what you save it as and voila its saved, and to load the saved order, just go to the same part and it'll be near the bottom of the menu :)....you'll see where i mean :)

yeah definately i'd be intrigued to hear about how you get on :biggrin:

also in wrye smash if you right click theres a "mark mergeable" button that automatically marks what mods can be merged which is useful when compiling your bashed patch, but im still learning all sorts of functions myself xD....experimentation is the best way to learn!!

anyways good luck and i hope that that information helped, feel free to message me with more questions, or just to tell me if it worked :)

also since i mentioned a tutorial on mod merging

heres one i just stumbled across, not sure how good it is though :P

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10208

Edited by tredmillion