Elder Scrolls 6 wishlist

stebbinsd

Here's a more concrete wish... I wish they'd abandon the whole 'Choice Driven Narrative' thing. It is, IMO, the lowest form of story telling, and has actively diminished the plot of every game i've played with it. Tell good stories, not branching ones. Tie things up into actual endings, with emotional weight and narrative consequences, not the tacked-on Alternate Endings that ultimately mean nothing and convolute stories to the point they can't move forward.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this post under general gaming hoping its ok to repost part of it here.

Really good 2K Textures with parallaxed textures on floors/walls/trees/terrain, with an optional compress at 1k to display on Full HD Sized PC Screens for better performance, no need for over the top 4k graphics unless they plan a VR version as most of us don't play 5 feet from a 65 inch screen, talk about eye strain.
I want to see NPCs functional/built around 11 ugrids, if closed cell cites like Whiterun are still present I would like the view distance not be lods but just fancy moving pictures to give a better Illusion of stuff being present when its not.
This next title needs added/improved Animations for just about everything including for the player but many just option for roleplaying reasons.
Lastly Races with better starting stats, like nords having 150 hp a frost resistance & a higher/lesser power to invoker daily/hrly, same for all races, I made a custom mod that does this for Skyrim personal use not on nexus, lastly same person edits to all foods where most meat buffs hp+5-10pts for 8hrs, soups for mp, veggies for stamina, a non stackable effect that doesn't require usage in mid combat that player in survival mode naturally auto munch on to always maintain a nice small buff to avoid small hungry/thirsty debuffs.
5 steaks that restore 50 hp is fine but less so when you have to stop & play a eating animation to do so for each one ate & maybe its not realistic to do this in combat or more realisticly your full after two just a few reasons why a long term 8hr buff of fewer hp 10 or so thats heal-able is better in my opinion + hrs lets you know you need 3 a day & gives an idea of the next time you need to find something to eat.
These may seem like very minor niche things but really make ES6 so much better, of course we need better story telling & no voiced player as well, even a simple karma system like a few youtube video suggest would help if done right, like attacking a chicken is fine while citizens try to arrest you instead of kill you same stealing a cup isn't a fine just you going oh hey looking at this here I can put it back or buy it instead of receiving a bounty, details matter thats all I'm saying its the small stuff we players appreciate the most.
Edited by exrai

My only wish is related to my biggest apprehension: I really, really hope that ES VI doesnt adopt FO4's settlement system. I could maybe handle a little bit of that but only just a bit. Kinda doubt my wish will be granted, though, considering that (i) a lot of people actually liked that in FO4 (ii) there's not much creativity involved (i.e. it's relatively cheap to develop) (iii) Bethesda is all about keeping development costs to the absolute minimum and (iv) they now know they can publish entire DLCs based on almost nothing but settlement crafting. I hope I'm wrong but I think that, given the financial success of FO4, Bethesda is going to turn away from developing interesting story/quest lines and will eventually turn both Fallout and the Elder Scolls into quasi-SIMS franchises.

I don't understand their point of the settlement system in Fallout 4 what point did it serve?

Theres a lot missing from Fallout 4's settlement system & they were just over thinking what was really needed/wanted. We liked build-able structures/prefabs(floors/tiles/roofs/walls/halves/corners/windows) thats its from there we can take any ingame object/structure & place/store it however we please maybe make usable via repair/restore to prewar them even better, settlement manager is a must recruiting members/npcs/followers cool having water/power/food wonderful just add proper storage units*** with a "required" red/green "surplus" draining meters (100%Red very bad people leave, 100% Green very good time to expanded) like fallout shelter, raids & def objects cool cool maybe better pathing design smart AI, external power sources besides just wires duh as in ***fuel/batteries/tanks for food/water*** whatever same water has pipes or manual npc job fill water sources like sinks/tubs/whatnot, food plants needs waterpipes or npcjob/uvlights or direct light & fertilizers, cows/need feed.

Edited by exrai

Immersive gameplay!

WTF Why! Aren't my turrets working I assign you people one freakin job thats to keep everything running why is the turrets battery completely drained get me a battery pack Cods Worth & now who let this drain, it was Tim Sir, oh oh I now feel bad poor Tim he died in that last Deathclaw raid maybe settling here was a mistake,,,

Edited by exrai

I could say more, but I'll keep a lid on it.

One thing I can do without...more than anything really is the perk system. I don't like it. Makes no sense to me. Learning things from...what? A star? A constellation? That's stretching it (Sure there are dragons in the game, but there is always some logic to things). If you want to learn something, you go to a master. Want to forge Daedric Hammer of Quintessential Resentment? Find some way to do it from followers of some Daedra, but not because of some "perk".

Perks are supposed to be special things, advantages and traits.

Learning things from...what? A star? A constellation?

A rather crude visual representation that was more for the sake of being cool than actually conveying anything reasonable.

Perks are, IMO, the greatest thing to happen to TES in recent memory. They allow you to capture the diversity and specificity of knowledge, without sacrificing the broad strokes. Even in the crudest expression of them that we see in Skyrim, they already offer more range than any of the previous games.

Maybe calling them Perks was the wrong naming convention. But we're kinda stuck with it now.

Oh, I'm not under any illusions that they will reverse their trends.

Having said that...it is not wrong to change things up from installment to installment, to keep the game fresh. Though, I think TES is not really the kind of series to do so. I think JPRPGs tend do that.

I could say more, but I'll keep a lid on it.

One thing I can do without...more than anything really is the perk system. I don't like it. Makes no sense to me. Learning things from...what? A star? A constellation? That's stretching it (Sure there are dragons in the game, but there is always some logic to things). If you want to learn something, you go to a master. Want to forge Daedric Hammer of Quintessential Resentment? Find some way to do it from followers of some Daedra, but not because of some "perk".

Perks are supposed to be special things, advantages and traits.

I never thought of it as learning something from a star, but rather just they made the skill trees look like a constellation instead of just, well, a flowchart.

I do hear you though, it would be nice to make it so that selecting a perk doesn't actually give you that perk, but starts a quest to go somewhere or to someone to learn that perk. Like, for example, the master spell quests on the mage trees. You have to do something before getting access to the master spells.

A simple immersive way of learning to make Daedric armor is basically copy off the conjuration master spell quest. Find a capable summoner, summon a daedra, beat him to submission to force him to teach you the secrets of Daedric Armor. Of for Archery, to earn the Eagle Eye Perk, you get a quest where need to go to an Archery trainer, and he will watch you hit a bullseye on a target from X distance. Success means you get the perk.