Oblivion Crash a few seconds After Launched

I was messing about with the CS, trying to make a custom partner for myself with the assistance of my friend who has some experience making them. After I went to test out if my companion worked, i launched oblivion like always, and not as soon as launched the game, but about when "Bethesda Softworks" pops up (you know, the first logo that pops up) and then the game crashes. I cannot find my Oblivion.exe, only Oblivionlauncher.exe, though I dont recall being stupid enough to delete it and all of it's shortcuts. I dont recall what else i could have done since the last time i have played that could have caused this scripted crash (though i have looked into my data folder a bit, but I never deleted anything). I am pretty clueless on how to go towards this problem.

Any information you may need to help me fix this problem is something I can more than happily give, as long as I can answer it. I would strongly prefer not to re-install Oblivion (hence why I am asking you guys in the first place) so if you have any other solution. If you can fix it for me, aside from re-installation, I would gladly do something in return for you, whether i can help you with a problem you have, or even creating a mod in any way (note I have very little experience though xD But i have been learning the basics!). Only thing I can't give is money. I can give my time, but no money.

Thank you for at least attempting to help me fix this if you do, and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Do you still crash if you deactivate your companion mod? Often crashes at startup are a sign of missing masters. Did you make your companion from scratch or is it a CM Partner based companion? If it is CM Partner based the tutorial distributed with the CM Partner Basic download is very specific about mod de-isolation if I recall correctly. Be sure you followed all the steps.

Do you still crash if you deactivate your companion mod? Often crashes at startup are a sign of missing masters. Did you make your companion from scratch or is it a CM Partner based companion? If it is CM Partner based the tutorial distributed with the CM Partner Basic download is very specific about mod de-isolation if I recall correctly. Be sure you followed all the steps.

yes, it does still crash even if i deactivate the mod. And yes it is a CM Partner Based mod, and I created it with the tutorial, and I had a friend to help me too (like i said, that friend has experience in creating CM Partners) However, if i deactivate my custom partner, i suppose that the it wouldnt be the cause. Also, the kind of crash i think that you're thinking of is when it crashes right after i click play. Mine crashes a few seconds after and pops up the message that Oblivion was not responding. To me, it almost seems like it is trying to fetch some file, but it cant find it, but since i have very little experience with stuff like this, i cant exactly make an educated guess

Thanks for trying to help! :)

Another thing to keep in mind when troubleshooting is that Oblivion 'sees' files that are in the Data folder and it's subfolders whether or not they are activated (in the case of esp and esm files). Try moving your mod's files to a temporary folder outside of the game's folders and see if it helps.

- Edit - On the subject of your missing Oblivion.exe it should be in your Oblivion folder along with Oblivion_Loader.exe. What operating system are you running and where is the game installed (e.g. C:\Program Files)?

Edited by Striker879

If anyone reads this, i have fixed the problem myself, so I no longer need help. Thanks Striker for trying to help me though :)

And with myself i hope you mean me! Harr harr !