update 1.6

zzjay

...Guess 'player.placeatme Lydia' or smtng is just not the same..

Just for a head's up and for future reference, the placeatme thing creates a duplicate npc which, afaik, can create its own problems. If you're gonna use console to retriev a follower it's better to use:

prid <reference id>

moveto player

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Guess 'player.placeatme Lydia' or smtng is just not the same..

Just for a head's up and for future reference, the placeatme thing creates a duplicate npc which, afaik, can create its own problems. If you're gonna use console to retriev a follower it's better to use:

prid <reference id>

moveto player

Thanks for the tip! Gonna try it for sure. :thumbsup:

Guess the custom loadout would also be gone with the placeatme cmd...

DO NOT USE "player.placeatme" :ohmy: This will create a 'clone' of Lydia and could screw the game up completely! Use the

prid <RefID>

moveto player

instead, if Lydia (<refID> = a2c94) is still alive, she will be teleported to you.

Edited by Perraine

I have only about 10 mods running and the only thing I found was at the castle of Riverhelm, I heard someone talkiing to me, but couldn't see any one...until I saw a head sticking out of a wall, a guard telling me he could be Dragon Born and just doesn't know it yet. Lydia disappeared until I walked towards Whiterun...so I think I will keep away from Riverhelm for a while... :smile:

Lol. Riverhelm and Windwood :-)

Yeah something is spooking in skyrim... I lost Lydia about à week ago and can't find her anywhere. Not in breezehome nor in dragonsreach. Damned guards won't do s*** 'bout it!!

Lol

No, I am not Dyslexic...Riverhelm is a mod :tongue:

I have to say this line of conversation made me lol. :tongue:

@Rabbit 51, I think I might take your advise on playing in offline mode. Looked it up and it seems easy enough. But before I do I have to ask.. are there any drawbacks you know of? inb4 "the game won't automatically update." :rolleyes:

Just thought I'd pipe in on this. I've had steam offline for over a month, no problems at all. When you start, it gives you the option of going online or continue offline. So it's easy to switch back if you want. I see no drawbacks, it's all win. Still at 1.5 and waiting on USKP.

Today my steam made an automatic update (it took 30 minutes) and when it finished i waned to try out the horse figthing,but that's what i got:

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/2689072-1339440131.jpg

Why?

where i can report this bug?

I had the same problem. I installed FNIS for v 1.6 and it cleared up the problem.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11811

Hope this helps. :)

I hope a modder comes up with a mod that makes your mounted companion draw their weapon and join combat when you do.

As of right now, my companion just sits on his horse and watches me do all the work.

@Rabbit 51, I think I might take your advise on playing in offline mode. Looked it up and it seems easy enough. But before I do I have to ask.. are there any drawbacks you know of? inb4 "the game won't automatically update." :rolleyes:

Just thought I'd pipe in on this. I've had steam offline for over a month, no problems at all. When you start, it gives you the option of going online or continue offline. So it's easy to switch back if you want. I see no drawbacks, it's all win. Still at 1.5 and waiting on USKP.

Thank you. I'll do it then. Kudos. :thumbsup:

IF I dismount with a weapon drawn I put it away first but my companion won't dismount and they follow me around on horseback until I remount and dismount again with weapons away.

Just out of curiosity, what companion riding mod to you use? Same thing happens to me (using Mounted Followers). The weapon drawing/ dismounting thing must foul up the scripting somehow, which I guess isn't surprising since companions can't ride in the vanilla version so it probably wasn't contemplated. (A minor hassle in the grand scheme of the awesomeness of having companions ride I suppose.)

EDIT: actually, I might be mistaken, or maybe it's random. Just did it again and my companion mounted no probs

Edited by kevkiev