Attack speed and animation bug

Ascheriit2

Try the console command "player.getav WeaponSpeedMult" and see what you have.The default is 1.0 .if you have a much bigger number you can type

"player.setav WeaponSpeedMult to 1" if I remeber correctly..I had this bug months ago and after some tries with that command I return my attacks to regular speed.

(info: you can put negative values if needed,for example if you get 3.0 and using the "player.setav WeaponSpeedMult to 1" goes your attack to 4.0 then you have to try "player.setav WeaponSpeedMult to -3" so your attack multiplier will go to 1.0

Give it a try,if its not working as it should then just reload a savegame. ATTENTION: IF YOU SAVE AFTER TRYING THIS COMMAND IT WILL STAY FOR GOOD! First make sure that your attack speed is properly animated,then check with "player.getav WeaponSpeedMult" that your multi is 1.0 and THEN you are good to go.

• 4 weeks later...

EDIT: I tried what that guy said a while ago ^^^^^

Attack speed is changed by some mods I use, and changing it through console didn't resolve this issue.

I believe, like what many others are saying, that something was causing the animations to be skipped or in some cases repeating a certain part of the animation rapidly (stuck or stuttering) resulting in insanely high attack speeds...

For anyone still dealing with this I'll share the solution that worked for me...

Skyrim_Data_Meshes_actors_chracter_behaviors

0_master.hkx was in that folder

I MOVED that file to a backup folder on my desktop

This solved attack animation glitch for myself AND NPCs making the game feel... REALLY easy (time to crank difficutly back up).

This also unexpectedly solved my problems with The Dance of Death kill moves not working.

Edited by Rhurin

I'm back. Updating FNIS worked. Thanks to the previous poster for pointing it out. I was hesitant to delete the character/behavior files, so I'm glad a simple mod update fixed my problemo.

On a side note, booting up FNIS and doing the usual animation import/export brought up 1 Warning on the log. No CTD's upon starting but I'm still curious as to what this means. It's never happened before.

• 2 weeks later...
WOW! I know im late but I've had this problem for awhile i even went in my behaviors file taking out stuff and i didnt take out master.hkx if I would have known I could have rid myself of constantly deleting my file and downloading my brothers