Is 1.6 causing stuttering, CTDs and slow mouse?

hejpadig

Hey guys,

So my Skyrim has always worked flawlessly until recently, I downloaded the 1.6 patch and since then everything has been messed up. Tried re-installing the game three times, I get CTDs ever 30 minutes or so, after a loading screen my mouse gets messed up and slow, I sometimes experience severe stuttering. All of these disappear when I re-start the game, but can appear 5 minutes into the game. Deleted all my Skyrim content, re-installed it just now and now my mouse movement is completely off and slow, even when I re-start the game.

I have no idea what to do.

Disable all of the MODs you have currently installed, including the ones that don't appear in the Manager, IE the ones that you may have gotten from workshop.

then try running the game again I find 9 out of 10 times a mod is the root of the issue I am currently having.

Disable all of the MODs you have currently installed, including the ones that don't appear in the Manager, IE the ones that you may have gotten from workshop.

then try running the game again I find 9 out of 10 times a mod is the root of the issue I am currently having.

But the thing is that I didn't install any new mods, my game just suddenly decided to act this way. The mods worked perfectly fine before. For the record, I have like 5 mods, they add like capes, more blood etc, it's nothing game-breaking. Had them for at least a month.

But the thing is that I didn't install any new mods, my game just suddenly decided to act this way. The mods worked perfectly fine before. For the record, I have like 5 mods, they add like capes, more blood etc, it's nothing game-breaking. Had them for at least a month.

1.6 does this, it happens to many ATi users atleast. Not sure if nVidia people have it also. Let's hope this is fixed soon.

• 3 weeks later...

1.6 does this, it happens to many ATi users atleast. Not sure if nVidia people have it also. Let's hope this is fixed soon.

I have an nvidia gtx 550 ti. Prior to 1.6 I did not experience a single ctd in over 140 hours of game play with bout 15 active mods. Now, without having installed any new mods, I get random ctds everywhere. Wilderness, caves, cities, and when trying to go from one zone to another, e.g. fast travelling or using an entry door.