CTD during loading screen.

JackNapier989

So my skse64 has been updated to the newest version as of September 2018, though when I open Skyrim se, through a skse loader, the normal loading screen appears, then I CTD. I use Nexus mod manager and I updated my mods through the NMM.

Could anyone help?

PS: I'm not computer savvy so I don't know a lot about how to fix these sorts of problems.

Any help is appreciated.

same problem here, rolling back to skse64 2.0.7, I could not find anywhere the source of the problem...

SUCCESS:

I updated every mod or tool with SKSE 64 as requirement without any success, so I rolled back to skse 2.0.7. Surprisingly I found the same problem, CTD during the save's loadscreen. Then I finally found the source of the problem, I forgot that on every update, the master ESMs get dirty ITM records and references, so I cleaned them up whit SSEEDIT, and my skyrim is running again.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway. :smile:

Edited by slowman87

See this video, is extensive but one of the best. You may find videos typing "xedit cleaning masters" (you can change xedit for tes5edit, or SSEDIT, the tool is has various names depending on some things, but is the same topic).

Cleaning is very easy, don't be afraid.

---- see from minute 14:43, first use loot and press the "sort plugins" button, it will show you that your master files are dirty (after every skyrim update), next open SSeedit and load each plugin at a time, and follow the video I gave you.

The video explains a lot, but this is the only thing you need to know. Don't clean other files from other mods, just the originals from the game (excluding skyrim.esm), because some mods has dirty edits intentionally, about those you need to read it's nexus web page to see if the mod autor refers about it, or click the forum tap inside the same site as well. Sorry about my English, is not my native language.

Thank you, though after reviewing the video and doing what you've told me, I managed to clean the main esms and those files (Skyrim, DG, DB, and the update) and my Skyrim still crashes, and I don't know why. Though it isn't during the loading screen anymore, it is now in the Fort Dawnguard area of the Riften/ Rift, the Reach, and Solitude. Also, LOOT is another I've used and has helped a lot. Though it doesn't help me that I have 150+ mods installed.

Any other thoughts would be nice.

Thank you again, and your English is fine.

C

Thank you, though after reviewing the video and doing what you've told me, I managed to clean the main esms and those files (Skyrim, DG, DB, and the update) and my Skyrim still crashes, and I don't know why. Though it isn't during the loading screen anymore, it is now in the Fort Dawnguard area of the Riften/ Rift, the Reach, and Solitude. Also, LOOT is another I've used and has helped a lot. Though it doesn't help me that I have 150+ mods installed.

Any other thoughts would be nice.

Thank you again, and your English is fine.

Well if your game does't crash on loadscreen anymore you succeeded sir!!! xD xD! I'm no joking! because CTDs may have many causes, a ctd during a gameplay has a lot of reasons, and maybe one of the most difficult to repair!

Post here your load order and faithfully I may help you! if the divines want of course!

Some causes:
-Wrong load order.

-incompatible mods (you have to read every mod description you use).

-Corrupted meshes (most of them fixed by the mod authors)

-Using some oldrym mods.

-Mods with dirty edits or errors. You can check errors using sse edit, just search in youtube for "tes5edit fixing errors".

Edited by slowman87