Highwayman, scam artist, beggar mod

Kadzait

I would like to see a mod that would make the speechcraft skill more worthwhile outside of the shops, for certain types of characters. Such as highwaymen, scam artists and beggars. The player could have dialogue options (possibly with each one obtained through a perk, to keep things uncluttered for characters who wouldn't use them) to demand money through intimidation ("your money or your life"), scam people of their money through persuasion ("Would you like to donate to the orphanage/temple?"/selling fake goods like Brynjolf's Falmer Blood Elixir), or beg for money through persuasion (*insert Oblivion beggar quote here*). There could be multiple options for each involving a different amount of money, with the chances of success based on the character's speechcraft skill and perks and the amount of money being demanded/asked for. And I suppose you would need to craft the rip off products, but obviously with common/disgusting ingredients and no alchemy/smithing skill required whatsoever. Threatening and scamming people would be illegal, while selling rip off products (let the buyer beware) and begging would be legal.

Thoughts?

Edited by Kadzait

Actually sat staring rather absent-mindedly at the Speech tree just the other day thinking '... Well, this is pointless?'.

Great idea, I'd say. I never quite could figure a worthwhile way of RP'ing a Merchant in a single-player game where all you do is sell stuff and buy stuff - losing like 70% of the gold in between the two. I remember playing a Pirate game a few years back, Cutthroats I think it was called, which had a quite cozy trading system; certain cities had an aboundance of one type of wares, whilst another city came about having nothing at all of those wares, but a fair bit of another - thereby affecting the prices of different products in different regions. I suppose that'd require a bit more of a job than merely adding dialogue options and twisting the perk tree about though.

Also, loving the thought of the great, famous Dovahkin running about in his Legendary Daedric Armour of Complete Magic Resistance and Endless Health, Mana and Stamina Recovery run around begging people for spare coins. =P

I'm not even sure wether the value of your appearel affects the dispossition of NPCs like it did in Oblivion, but I would never in my life give any spare change to a guy walking about in silk clothing with a fur cape, velvet hat and golden jewelery with pearls and diamonds.