Mounted combat - how?

hangarspace

At the risk of making myself sound completely stupid, how the heck do I get this mounted combat to work now I've downloaded the 1.6 patch? I've tried the most obvious thing of pressing the 'X' button whilst mounted, but nothing happens.

Chris

(PS The 1.6 update worked flawlessly with all my mods thank the gods!)

Any mod that affects animations (specifically adds and/or alters them. Even if they're just vanilla animations) or races will pretty much be guaranteed to conflict with mounted combat.

I know for a fact that the Throwing Weapons mod conflicts, if you happen to have that mod. (this was the one that was causing me issues)

Not a big fan of mounted combat, though that should be expected as my main character is a mage. Bethesda, show some love for mounted magic ;_;

I predict a sharp increase in the number of immolated horses.

Edited by Alceister

This gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "beating a dead horse".

"Beating the incendiary lightning-bolt spewing dragon horse."

At the risk of making myself sound completely stupid, how the heck do I get this mounted combat to work now I've downloaded the 1.6 patch? I've tried the most obvious thing of pressing the 'X' button whilst mounted, but nothing happens.

Chris

(PS The 1.6 update worked flawlessly with all my mods thank the gods!)

Don't know if this will help in your situation, but my problem was with my character standing on my mount after I'd hit the attack button.

I installed the FNIS mod for v 1.6 and my problem was solved.

Might be worth a shot for you.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11811

:smile: