Stuttering with Skyrim 1.6

ZeroKing

Hello,

I recently updated Skyrim to the latest patch, but now I'm experiencing stutters quite a bit. This also occurred after I uninstalled all of my mods (all of which were just texture mods like Skyrim 2K Textures and Vurt's Flora). I made to delete all animations mods before the update occurred. Despite this, I experience stutters, but no drop in fps. I also reinstalled Skyrim anew to see what happened. I experienced about 10% less stutter, but this still is way too much compared to when I played the game, with ENB, at patch 1,5 active.

Any suggestions, thoughts, or help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

ZeroKing

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I cant offer help but can say Im experiencing what sounds like the same problem.

All great during 1.5 now I get stutters and the game often freezes during loading screens or the racemenu. Infact if I try to change the sex of a character even at the start of the game i get instant CTD.

I Have over 100 mods and Sharpshooter ENB active but im against getting rid of them all till im sure itll make a difference and from what ive heard from others it doesn't.

Any advice is very welcome.

Try to Disable Steam In-game, this causes some issues with the new Patch 1.6 maybe this is another one, who knows.

Also make sure you have Page File enabled to the Drive the game is installed, and let the system manage the page file or use the recommended value.

My steam is disabled in-game, and I mostly play offline anyway. Sigh, I really don't feel like uninstalling/reinstalling Skyrim or all my mods cuz of this patch.

EDIT: Im not sure, but it may be a problem with SKSE. I tried launching the game with the default launcher and it seems to play fine.

Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by mistes8

Alright I seem to have narrowed down the issue to mounted combat. Fighting on horseback initiates the stuttering; otherwise the game plays smoothly

P.S. this only occurs in SKSE, mounted combat works perfectly when I launch the game with the default launcher.

Edited by mistes8

I am also experiencing this on my system that I built. But even just in towns, buildings, wandering. All without messing around with mounted combat.

Usage:

CPU @ 20%

GPU @ 100%. No idea why so high even indoors.

RAM @ 60-70%

i7 920

6gb DDR3

Geforce 580.

After a complete uninstall and reinstall of Skyrim, I started a new save with no mods or anything, and I do not get the stuttering problem when I run the game with the default launcher. However, if I use the latest version of SKSE to run Skyrim, I inevitably get the stuttering problem after a few minutes of gameplay. So I guess the issue is related to SKSE somehow.

I have no idea if my specs matter, but:

AMD Phenom II X4 N970

AMD Radeon HD6550M

6GB DDR3 RAM

But I don't use SKSE, I only have three texture mods (for cities, landscape and dungeons). Specifically there are from the Skyrim HD 2K, and some body mod like Caliente's CBBE and the Remodeled Armor mod for CBBE. I've been using ENB (quality, not performance), and no stutter would occur for patch 1.5 and before. After the update to 1.6, there are stutters when moving around, but no framerate loss (or rather a small ~4 fps) for some reason. However, all animations were removed before the update happened. I used to run at ~35 fps (since I use a laptop) but it was pretty smooth gameplay with little loss (even in big cities). However, with the update, my fps dropped to ~30 fps with stutters. I'm really confused right now.