Follower Goes on vacation

scarycave

Gotcha'. I think the following problem is a-lot less frequent now though. Of course theirs the new problem of people attacking my follower now un-provoked that I have to fix....He doesn't fight back though, but it's kind of sad watching these random people wail on the poor guy. :(

Does he have a low responsibility? Emma has set Vilja up with a low responsibility so she'll pilfer food and drink if she's out herself (she must have given her a high sneak as well though, as I don't recall her ever being caught at it).

You can set NPCs and followers up with an unending food and drink supply ... just change the quantity in their inventory to -1 (minus one). Minus one bread, minus one beer or ale and a pewter mug and they'll be happy as can be with their eat and drink packages.

I think it actually had something to do with the law. While I was testing I was trying out a code and something went screwy and he hit a guard. I fixed up the code bits to how he is now except I added a SetCrimeGold to 0. I guess he got charged with assault and since he can't pay the fine or go to jail the guards just decided to attack him. I'm guessing everyone else that attacked had a high-responsibility too. I didn't think he could get fined anyway since he's not even human.

Oblivions legal system is funny sometimes. :)

'Funny' until you wind up on the wrong side of it. Have a look at what the UESP Wiki for Console Commands says for the command 'payfine'. It may need a little help from 'setcrimegold' to get your NPC completely out of hot water with the guards.

They're still attacking him, after the first strike their disposition is set to 100 (as well as set my followers disposition of the attacker to 100) so they won't attack twice (Most of the time). Even so my followers been doing a little aggressive dance he'll just repeatedly pull up his start combat animation and put it away.

I caught a quick little clip of him doing the dance. I think he does it every time a nearby guard changes packages. I don't think I can post the video here without having to make a link.

Similar to a regular follower doing the sheathe unsheathe animation. What happens if you go to an interior cell that has no guards and wait 72 hours plus a bit?

After 72 hours, The guards attacked him once as soon as we got in, and that was it. I quit the game and I removed my custom code and replaced it with this code I found on the construction wiki:

if cooldown >= 1
set cooldown to cooldown - 1
elseif cooldown <= 0 && pref.getdead != 1
If self.isincombat != 1 && pref.isincombat == 1
set mytarget to pref.getcombattarget
self.startcombat mytarget
elseif self.isincombat == 1 && pref.isincombat == 0 && self.getattacked == 0
self.stopcombat
self.scaonactor
self.yield
set cooldown to 10
endif
endif
[/Code]

Upon entry he wasn't attacked, but he still keeps sheath/Unsheathe like he has rabies.

If I remove my combat code, or the above one (Which ever one was in at the time.), resorts in my follower attacking pedestrians. I think that might be caused by his dislike of the town due to the number of times he was attacked.

His aggression is 10 and his personality is 45. Responsibility is set to 0.

Ironically these past few posts were about a code that was supposed to make the follower attack guards that are attacking the player but ended up with guards who attack the follower who doesn't attack them.

Edit//

I got rid of this code and gave me custom go another try, made some slight changes....and it's working. :)

Well better then before anyway...The crime thing was causing problems.

Edited by scarycave