Aetheric Cuteblade trouble

Knightofthe7shades

I have the 5 raw welkynd and have proceeded to go to the ruin. When I arrive there (with the man incorporated with the quest) I go talk to him, and he says we are still not at the ruin, even if i push him to the door. I could double check, but I am positive I have the most recent version of OBSE. I don't imagine myself downloading an older version on accident

Basically I want to go into the ruin, but i cant, because the dude wont do whatever he's supposed to do to unlock the door. I have tried using a console command to unlock the door, but it didn't work. It makes me guess that the door is locked by a script. I know nothing about scripting so I cannot be sure myself.

Thank you for helping me!

On some of the vanilla game quests you need to be sure to get close enough to the map marker to activate it before the quest stage will advance. Could be your problem here, if the map marker isn't right at the door and you didn't come close enough to it on your way there. Check your map and see if the map marker has been 'found'.

Thank you, I dont know why i didnt think of that before! The door was near the icon, but i moved from spot to spot where the script for the PC may kick in. it was just a little was off in front of the ruin, at the road. Anyways, thanks again, I wouldn't have tried that if you hadn't mentioned this to me. I'm stuck on a puzzle in there now :( but that's just my brain not workin'!

• 6 years later...