Custom armour has no armour rating and not visible when equiped

0Prime0

I am doing a simple test to try and create a custom standalone armour using the creation kit. I'm basically using the tutorial here http://www.creationkit.com/Customizing_Weapons_%26_Armor . I've duplicated the leather armour, then renamed the ID and Name, clicked OK and then NO to "create new form" and then YES. Then I saved the .esp.

In the game I add the item via the console, and the item appears there, but it has an armour rating of 0, and is not labeled as Light Armor in the upper left corner. When I try to equip it looks as though it is equiped in the inventory, but it doesn't appear on the character.

I think it should be set to Light Armor properly in the CK, as I didn't change any values and the value next to the Weight field is set to Light. Not sure what else it could be, but I'm still a newb. :)

Does anyone have a suggestion?

I had this problem... read the error messages that the CK spits out as you load your mod and it will probably tell you something about selecting the BIPED parts of your armor. I think that the update just caused the BIPED data to disappear. I reselected the appropriate Biped data on the affected armors and they worked again in game. This seemed to affect only .esp loaded armor and not .esm loaded armor, for me anyway.

I had this problem... read the error messages that the CK spits out as you load your mod and it will probably tell you something about selecting the BIPED parts of your armor. I think that the update just caused the BIPED data to disappear. I reselected the appropriate Biped data on the affected armors and they worked again in game. This seemed to affect only .esp loaded armor and not .esm loaded armor, for me anyway.

Yeah, thats correct. From the looks of it it just deletes biped data. Added it all back in. Which is a bit of a pain but did not take too long. Saved and it works fine. As for the no armor rating I have not gotten anything like that. Might just be a problem that happens when there is no biped data.

Personally I doubt there will ever be a "fix" for the stuff that has been broken. There isn't much they or you can do once you save your mod after the patch other than going in and re-adding the biped data. The only thing you can hope for realistically is that the next CK patch will prevent this from happening and you can use a backup from before to continue your work.