Moving Furniture

choochoo1

SIm trying to make some furniture out of SCOL's, I wanted to use some movable static objects so I copied there model paths into some new static entries, added them to my furniture, made the SCOL, and re-imported the nif into the game for the furniture, the problem is that my furniture moves like a movable static now, is there anyway to fix this?

The NIF-file of a movable static object has a collision-object, and it is this collision-object which makes an object movable. If you use one of these NIFs, the CK will take over the characteristics of their collision-objects.

The only solution would be to recreate a static collision-object for the NIFs...

an awesome if technical question!

it's a bundle of SCOLs that fire in a sequence as a group vs

an Actor rigging setup.

I recommend checking out the "Optimization and Pre-Vis" thread,

here

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5522717-fallout-4-optimization-and-performance-systems-explained/

followed by more specific queries from

Kediwah, Shavkacagarikia, GreekRage (circa mid 2015-16), Cypher2012 and BlahblahDEEblahblah.

As to some ideas on how to handle

the dynamic/ 'float' side of SCOLs,

I recommend checking out AGI-open-cog and KNOWM etc.

or "the Envison suite".

I definitely think that spline-al SCOLs and 2D-3D keyframed decals

can be powerful tools for 'pre-envisaging" and rapid-prototyping 'playtesting'.

• 2 weeks later...

As deadbeeftffn said, the 'moveable' data is encoded in the collision object / node of the nif and the data will 'affect' the SCOL. I haven't messed around with it as much, but I had a similar problem a while back ago and including the 'StaticCollectionPivot' marker object to the collection may be a quick solution? I can not remember the correct ID, but search for "pivot" at the top-level in the object window, it will find 2 objects I think. Use the one with 'static collection' something in the ID

It is a marker so you may need to turn on markers in the render window (m key) in order to see it. Place it at eg. the bottom of the collection.

If that does not solve it, you may try the messy way :wink:

Find a static object that is the same / about the same size as the object and open the nif in NifScope.

Find the object collision object / node, right click and export the binary collision data to a .txt file somewhere, eg. desktop.

Open your 'moveable' nif static in NifScope and find the collision object node. Import the previously exported collision data. It's a bit ghetto, but it should work if you find a static that has the same size

Good luck!