more roleplaying quests, please?

AuroraMoon

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=75889890

I've been using "An alternate start" which I posted a url to above. and I have to say, it's frigging awesome! you can start out as a simple farmer in the game, or be a khajjit traveling guard or be anything else you want to be, instead of always starting out in Helgen. The best part? it doesn't interfere with the main quest as seeing you can pick up the slack and become the dragon-born if you wish to be.

However, it also doesn't leave me much to do role-play wise. since I made a new character (a wood elf farmer), I've realized that it wouldn't make much sense for a farmer to sudden just get up and travel the countryside looking to kill bandits and what not.

So I'm thinking there could be a new mod that gives a role-play character a good reason to go out there. For instance, if I'm a farmer I would need clients to sell my stuff to right? So I'm thinking there needs to be a "become a merchant" mod where you can peddle your wares to ANY npcs out there.

And I'm just not talking about farmers here. I also made another character who's a simple healer learning spells at the Winter-hold Mages' college. I also noticed that there aren't much in the way of quests there, aside from the main quest-line. I just suddenly became the arch-chancellor there, even though I literally had been only there a few days.... and I have to say, that breaks the immersion a little bit.

I would like a option to turn over the leadership to Tolidior since how he's clearly much older and experienced than I am.

There's also not much to do there after you've become the leader there!

So I would like roleplaying quests for the Mages college too as well. Where I have to attend classes by all the teachers, and get rewards for doing so... like maybe scrolls, books, etc. or maybe quests where I have to work on enchantment, etc and level up my skills that way.

And as an Leader, you have to work towards strengthening the relationships between the college and winterhold itself... since how it's no secret that the Jarl of Winterhold and other people seems to hate the college! I imagine that the Leader of the mages college has to play diplomat on a regular basis so that people don't storm the building and try to kill all mages. alternately, if you're playing an evil character you could maybe rally the mages into overtaking Winterhold for themselves? After all, why put up with all the hates towards mages?

It's about time that skyrim learned to respect mages a little more. :P

What do you think?

Edited by AuroraMoon

Definitely seconded, I'm in initial stages of trying to do something vaguely along these lines but don't expect it to get finished if I'm honest, the work needed is sufficiently outside my comfort zone that it'll take a looooong time....

I'm interested in this too. I think actual classes at the winterhold college is an idea a lot of people have been talking about and I wouldn't be surprised if there is something either already out there for it or currently in the works.