ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Legends of Tamriel

BaldurAnthology

Waldo looked up from his knapsack as the Midday sun lay in the top of the sky. *not much food left for two weeks journey* he thought to himself. A day ago, he left his quiet home of Shor's Stone to travel to a place where evil lay in the old stone, the beveled edges of ancient Dwemer machines, and buildings now housed a new, overpowering evil. Waldo had his mind set to purge it, and Get to the bottom of the Dwemer. His overlying reason for going to Markarth was of course the new necromancer Jarl. Waldo's hatred for necromancers had grown ten fold since he had left Shor's Stone. His town was now a butchers meat shop. Parts of bodies, mindless zombies and other abominations were still there. He dare not go back, only move forward.

Currently, he had only gone a bit farther than the old dragon burial site of Northwind Summit. Going slow because yesterday he had spied a more than large caravan of Imperials. Recently, Waldo had been in trouble with Imperial law for stealing from a few soldiers. His face was posted on the very carriage that he had seen a few hours ago. To make sure they never saw him he concealed himself in the brush and now, he was waiting for them to pass the road ahead.

He laid back, against an old fir tree, and let his mind wander. It wandered, and not surprisingly, to Rivina. She was the one who saved him from the what ever horrible rituals the necros had in mind for him back at Cragslane Cavern. Her curving figure, and almond shaped face, almost felt as if she was standing in front of him this very moment. Their was little chance he would see her again, and though he tried, he couldn't get her out of his head. He just kept coming back to her. At last, he shook his head, temporarily warding off those thoughts, and looking around. He stood up, stretching, and walking down the hill, into the forest. A little ways into the wood and he came upon the road. Still, the soldiers hadn't crossed. Waldo was beginning to wonder whether they had taken up camp or something.

Edited by TheBrownCow

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh, did you now?" The vampire asked and glanced at the young lady beside him. In his assassin's line of work he was never contacted to kill a ruling figure and this woman claims that she did this. He also wondered what kind of idiot is going to rule over Cheydinhal now.

"I wonder what kind of incompetent fool will become the new count or countess of Cheydinhal." He said. A guard who was walking past them shot glances at them but he quickly looked away after meeting Shadow's icy glare.

Selene smiled and said "I doubt they would come close to the incompitence of that ball of lard i just poisoned... ah the wonders of acting, it got me into the kitchen where i doctored his food... Anyway... My uncle, the Emperor sanctioned this... so i assume it was the right thing to do." Selene said, suddnly she felt rather ill, she clutched her stomach and gasped for air "Ah!" She said in intense pain, she then sat back up and said "Your eyes... you look like a man of knowledge and wisdom... please, my doctor can't help me... two nights ago, as i was walking though the gardens of my home, i was attacked by an old woman... she had such a gaunt face, and pale skin, she didn't use a weapon just.. strange magick, a ray of sapping energy... ever since i feel ill, as if i have contracted a disease, but she never touched me." Selene said, looking at Shadow, she tilted her head, and two tiny marks were visible, close together, they were so small even she did not recognize them... Vampirism was just a myth as far as the royal family was concerned, so she would not know that she had the tell tale signs of Sanguinare Vampyris.

The steward, who's name was Sara, went to the castle mage, who was used only to send messages these days. She says to him, "Olcrag, You need to send this scroll to the assassin Shadow in Cheydinhal." The mage nods, puts it into the message circle, and with a flash of fire, the scroll disappears. Sara hurries off.

In Cheydinhal a flash of fire leaves a small burnt circle in front of the bench Shadow sat on. The center of this circle is the scroll.

Shadow watched as Selene clutched her stomach. She was obviously in pain. He was about to say that he is not a healer and won't be able to help her when he noticed two tiny marks on her neck. "We need to speak about this... in private." He said and arose from his seat. "Come, I live just across that bridge." He pointed towards two wooden bridges.

As he was about to head home some kind of scroll appeared in front of the bench. He picked it up and opened it. The letter was from a man named Cyrus, he heard some bad things but the most important part was that someone finally contacted him for a job. He shoved the scroll to his pocket and glanced at Selene again.

Selene got up, and carefully followed Shadow. She liked Cheydinhall, it had a unique dark beauty to it... which was incorporated into it's famous black steeds. This man, Shadow.. he was hard to figure out, but he was kind, and gentle... he made her feel like she was not just some noble, wasting her life away in politics. Still in pain, she hoped they would get to his house before she collapsed... her corset was certainly not helping matters.

Shadow hurried to his home, wanting to reach it as soon as possible. He wondered how should he break the news that she was attacked by a vampire and was now turning into one herself.

He entered the house and closed the door as soon as Selene was inside as well. Just in case he locked the door as well and then turned to face the woman. "You were attacked by a vampire and are slowly becoming one yourself." He said. "Hmm... easier than I expected." Shadow thought and took a scroll from his pocket and placed it on top of the book.

Selene's eyes widened and she could hardly speak "I'm.... becoming... a... a... Vampire? they aren't real! No... they are just in those books... this is a dream... oh gods please tell me it's a dream? I might pass out... or maybe not." She said, sitting on a chair by the fire. Edited by mythicdawnmaster

A few hours had past. Waldo had been napping in his tent when he heard the snapping of twigs in the forest. He had to keep himself from bolting up and grabbing Vuthoen. Waldo kept still instead, waiting for whatever it was to pass. What seemed like forever passed by him, even though it was minutes. Suddenly, Waldo saw what had been making the noises. A man, in a black robe was poking around in his campsite! Thinking, at once it was a necromancer, Waldo sat up, the mans back was to him, so he didn't notice. Slowly, Waldo crawled out, and grabbed up Vuthoen from the side of the tent. The necromancer had just enough to turn around when he saw a battleaxe swing around and slice his head clean off. Unfortunately, Waldo miscalculated what exactly the man was, and as soon as the axe came near to his skin, The man teleported a few feet away and cast a bolt of frost at Waldo. Of course caught off guard, Waldo took the bolt right to the left arm, and had to stifle a shout of pain. His thoughts were still of the Imperials, passing nearby, and he wanted to keep this as silent as possible.

After a very brief visit to Vlindrel Hall, Sa'virr quickly went back to the entrance leading into Markarth, eager to start hunting around the Reach. He glanced at Cyrus being unusually generous but knew that all this was caused by him, the honored guest. When he looked back, the same gate guard who allowed him in was there. "I wish to leave Markarth.. can you open the gates, and inform the Jarl?" The gate guard nodded and pulled the gates open for Sa'virr to leave. He walked the path, following it until he crossed the bridge and walked up to a hill, taking the right path in favor of any deer or elk he could find.

An elk in sight, a perfect location and an armor of shadow. Sa'virr knew that now this was the perfect moment to kill the deer and get the venison. He took out his bow, and an arrow from the pack, and crouched behind a bush. He drew the bow carefully and slowly, to not alert the deer below. Soon, the arrow was in place and was ready to fire at the unaware deer.. But then, footsteps came from behind Sa'virr, who was almost distracted but his eyes still focused on the target. The footsteps soon got louder and louder, until they finally reached the point where they had gone out of control. The Khajiit still could not let go of the arrow, the sound of steps ended with a unsheathing of a weapon.. Sa'virr quickly turned and pierced something with the sharp end of his Glass Bow; a heart.