Legends of Tamriel

BaldurAnthology

A guard stopped Shadow. "The Jarl is busy with other matters at the moment. I can take you to a bedroom in which you can wash and wait."

Lord Cyrus turns with a smile on his face. "Ah, good to see you made it, my dear. What would you like to eat? Or would you rather have me call in a lesser servant for you to feed?"

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadow frowned. Not only he traveled to this damned place for such a long time but now he has to wait too? "I came all this way from Cheydinhal only to sit here and wait!?" He exclaimed angrily. He couldn't care less for the titles of those who hired him. They all were just some people who payed him for doing something they couldn't be bothered to do themselves.

"wait. did you say Cheydinhall? Wait here, I will let him know you arrived!" The guard rushes off to the dining area.

"Sire! I apologize for the inconvenience, but the assassin you sent for is 'ere from Cheydinhall!"

Lord Cyrus turns to the guard, at first furious, then pleased. "Thank you. You may go."

Turning back to Selene, he says, 'I do apologize, could you wait a moment please? Something has come to my attention."

Cyrus rushes down the stairs, and seats himself on the Mournful Throne.

"Shadow! Glad you could make it! I do hope your journey wasn't too hard?"

"Chiranji.. it is nice to see you." a shadowy figure said to her, approaching Chiranji. She was confused where she was, the last thing she knew before ending up in this dark place bound to a wall was being knocked out by Renrij, who was "visiting" Chiranji and her mother. The shadowy figure took off his cloak and revealed himself; Renrij. "I have finally managed to capture you." He said, hands behind his back, hiding something from Chiranji, who was staring at Renrij uncomfortably. "What.. you look familiar, too familiar. Renrij. You, you devious cat.. where is my-" Renrij interrupted. "You wish to know where your mother is, yes? Young girl, you do not want to know what is happening with your mother." Renrij said in a serious tone. Chiranji spotted another figure she could not make out, hidden in the shadows behind Renrij. "What are you looking at?" Renrij said, forcing Chiranji to listen to Renrij's words. "You realize that something has been in your possession since the day you were born? A sphere filled with sweet Moon Sugar, I require that for.. a deal I'll be making. However! Someone related to you has stolen this object and.." Renrij did not know if Chiranji had the sphere or not, but nevertheless, he still continued. "You have it." Chiranji, surprised at what Renrij had to say, never knew about this "sphere" Renrij thought she had. Chiranji was wordless; Renrij stared at her angrily and with no response from Chiranji, searched her for the sphere desperately. Chiranji glanced at the figure she had seen just before, it was close to Renrij. "Chiranji.. you do not have the sphere. What a waste of time. I'm afraid I'll have to kill you and find your mother." Renrij revealed a dagger behind his back and with his right hand, pulled the dagger back, ready to stab her in the chest. Chiranji was horrified, and closed her eyes to prepare for her death. The figure quickly came and choked Renrij, until he fell to the floor.

"Chiranji! Chiranji! Wake up!" Sa'virr shouted at Chiranji.

Shadow crossed his arms over his chest when Cyrus finally showed up. "It was long and boring." He replied not really interested in chatting with the Lord Cyrus. "Just tell me who you want dead." The vampire said. His long journey made him rather grumpy, usually he is not so forward.

"Shadow, my good man there is no reason to be cross with me! You look tired. Perhaps you would like to rest? Or to feed? The Target is the Jarl of Falkreath. They have a MASSIVE graveyard there that I could put to use." Cyrus says, calmly. "Now, you have your first target. You will be provided a room, and will be paid when or if you return successful. If you excuse me, I have things to do." Cyrus rises, and walks off through the corridors, and returns to the dining area. "I do apologize, my dear. Assassination planning. I want access to the graveyard in Falkreath."

Chiranji awoke with a headache, dazed by the dream. "Chiranji. You..fainted for a while. What was happening?" Sa'virr asked, confused. "I.. don't know It was a dream. A flashback. Back to when I was kidnapped by.." Chiranji paused. "By, by your dead father -- Renrij." Chiranji was still dazed and shook her head slowly to avoid worsening the headache more.

Sa'virr walked over to Chiranji and looked at her to see if she was okay. Raksada took care of their mother, who was still dying from a disease. He realized that Chiranji had woken up. "Chiranji, that potion, please." The female Khajiit tried to ignore the pain from the headache and give the potion she got from Cyrodiil to Raksada. "Good.. now, if I can get her to drink..." Their mother coughed and could not talk.

Raksada poured the red potion into her mouth, until it had been emptied of any more. "She'll get better soon. Chiranji, thank you. Thank you for delivering this potion to me, you have saved our mother's life by doing this favor. Sa'virr.. I'd like to talk with you." Raksada stopped for a few seconds. "In private." The pain of Chiranji's headache was reduced. "The thanks should go to Sa'virr, brother. He scratched my back, I scratched his." Chiranji replied. "I see then. Thank you Sa'virr." Raksada led Sa'virr back to the shack and went into his bedroom, closing the door behind them.

"Now. Sa'virr. You've made quite a relationship with my sister, Chiranji. I would like to know you." Raksada said, with a slight smile on his face.

"Raksada. I am a Khajiit born in Elsweyr, though I was actually raised in Skyrim. My father, Renrij, as you may know, could not stand my presence and he tried to avoid me. My mother grew suspicious, finally finding Renrij's true intentions. Moon Sugar. Skooma. These drugs made her furious and she tried to talk him down. However, she was brutally murdered and I quickly found out the same thing as my mother did. Before Renrij had a chance to capture me, I fled. I made my home with the Khajiit caravans, training with them. I traveled across Skyrim, Cyrodiil, and my province of birth, Elsweyr. And it was in the city of Rimmen that I met your sister, Chiranji."

"I see."

"No. I am not tired." Shadow replied still feeling quite grumpy. "The Jarl of Falkreath will die tonight." With that the vampire left. He hated to get involved in politics but job is job. He went to the stables and set out for yet another journey: this time to Falkreath.

"Well, then. Your father was a disgrace to our race. I thank the Nine that you two are not alike." Raksada sighed, "Now.. I think you must go, yes?" Sa'virr nodded, "Yes, I must. I will resume my hunting, although I will go back to Markarth to check on the.. Jarl there." Sa'virr passed Raksada, opening the door for him as he left.

After leaving the shack, Sa'virr felt the cold snow again, a change from the warm fires of Raksada's shack. He was going the same route again, through Falkreath, and to Markarth. The Khajiit started the journey back, heading for Falkreath.

Iodiria gazed at the dragon and said, in draconic "I desire the rebirth of my homeland... but for now... i must sate the wishes of the Thalmor... this heathen prisoner has hidden an artifact in... wait, could it be... in your stronghold? it is a relatively small ruin..."

VulViingKonahrik shook his head "Nid. Unahzaal Zind Fen los Dinok (No. Enternal triumph will be death)" VulViingKonahrik said "kein Kiir Ruz ? Vahlok Qethsegol Ruz ? Munax Krein Ruz ? (war child then? guardian stone then? Cruel sun then?)"

Iodiria pondered for a moment and then said "Kein Kiir... that is what the Nord told me."

Selene smiled "Oh it is quite alright."