Legends of Tamriel

BaldurAnthology

Iodiria chuckled, and said "Forgive my misunderstanding... despite my age some things never sink in.. or perhaps it is my age? going old and senile?" She laughed, and then stood a few paces away, she shouted as Sahvithzoor had instructed, "YOR TOOR SHUL!" She shouted, a column of flame too spewed from her mouth.

-----------------------------------

"I would rather that portal remain closed... but as you said, i can kill Serana's mother. Come." Selene replied, walking towards the door to the courtyard.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyrus strides with Selene towards where he remembers the courtyard being, once there he overtakes her heading towards the steps in the moondial. "This way, my love." He follows the passages, passes the smashed skeletons and dead gargoyles, and arrives in the laboratory. "Well this is definitely something, or would be if it wasn't a bloody mess!" Cyrus exclaims, seeing the mess left in the lab. He hunts through the ingredients and tracks down a Daedra heart, void salt, and vampire dust. "Right, this covers my ritual, all I need is to open this portal." He adds vampire dust, fire salt, and a black soul gem to the basin and pricks his finger, causing a drop of blood to fall on top, the igredients burst into flames, and burn to ash, and no portal appears. "Oh right, this isn't my portal. Look around please my love. See if you can find something that says what I need to open this thing."

Selene walked over to the bookcase and searched through all of the books... nothing. So she walked up the stairs leading to the basin of the portal, she searched around the small balcony area at the top, finding a dusty old tome lodged in the corner of one of the bookcases. After reading it she discovered it to be the Journal of Valerica, and it was clearly used by the Dovahkiin and Serana, having the ingredients needed for the ritual underlined. "Here, this states what is needed. Clean out the basin... your blood is not pure"

Iodiria's cone of fire was broad. He closed his eyes as the flames licked the tip of his white snout. He thought for a moment, allowing himself to absorb the power and analyze its source.

"Hmm...I can sense what you mean, fahdoni," he said after a moment, re-opening his eyes, "It is powerful, but it lacks...morah. Focus. Think of it as a spear. As of now, it is a dull spear - it will do damage, yes, but not with precision. You must sharpen your blade - your focus - with your will. It is something you must think on. Meditate upon the meanings of the words you shout. 'Fire Inferno Sun.' Flames with the intensity of the sun...flames that consume like an inferno. Not just simple fire, but something more. You understand my meaning, geh? When you are ready, try again."

Cyrus takes the book from her hands, and reads what was underlined. "Finely ground bonemeal, Purified void salts, and soul gem shards, as well as the blood of a daughter of coldharbor. I see." Cyrus mutters a spell, and the ashes are removed from the basin. "Wait here." He says, and pulling out a soul gem, he finds a hammer, and smashes it. Soul gem shards. He adds them to the basin. He finds a bowl of bone meal, and grinds that up really fine, and adds that to the basin. "Purified Void Salts may be tricky.." He says, wandering the lab, and laughs. "Never mind, she kept extra." He says, grabbing a bowl of said salts, and adding them to the basin. "Over to you my dear."

Rilgumskar considered getting up to ask the bartender about any bounties or Forsworn hideouts, but then remembered that he could barely walk.

"First things first, I need some rest. Maybe I can get a restore stamina potion from somewhere, to speed the process up." He said to Waldo, before adding "I would imagine that the Forsworn are like bandits, inhabiting many of the caves in the area, as well as reinforcing old ruins and creating their own camps. We could start by checking out some of the old towers out here. Those are no doubt inhabited by something." He bought a Nord mead from a waitress, chilled it with frost magic and then downed it. Then he hit Waldo's drink with a little bit of frost magic, too. Now it would be nice and freezing bloody cold.

Iodiria listened intently on the instructions the dragon gave her, and focused her mind upon the words for a moment... as she thought of the words in there full meaning, they coupled with the power of the heart of Lorkhan, and as she shouted "YOL TOOR SHUL" The flames focused themselves in a column, there power further strengthened by the heart, some of the flames red rather than orange.

-----------------------

Selene smiled and pulled out her dagger "So the first drop of my new blood will be used to open a portal... it better be worth it." She said, as she slit the end of her finger, her blood dripping down into the bowl... at first... nothing. But then the portal in the middle of the room split itself appart, and re-assembled into a staircase, leading down into a purple nova.

Cyrus smiles, in a grim way. Soon he would change into a Lich King, and he would be with his love forever. Offering his hand, he says "I know the way, stay close, and I will show you where she last was."

Sara gets up from the fire, and sees a man had been watching her, and hears one talk about needing a stamina or healing potion. She pulls a minor stamina potion and minor healing potion out of her bag, and places them in front of the man, smiles politely, and walks out to return to the Underkeep.

The Steward placed a pair of potions in front of Rilgumskar and walked out the door before he could thank her. Grabbing the stamina potion, he downed it in one gulp and felt a minor amount of energy flow through his veins.

"Excuse me for a second, Waldo, I have to go thank the Steward." He tested himself standing up, no problems there, and then tried walking. He was still quite shaky on his feet, but he could manage. He stumbled a little on his way out the door, and then looked around for the Steward. He caught sight of her walking up towards the palace, and walked after her as fast as his shaky legs would allow. He finally managed to catch up to her.

"Excuse me, miss, sorry to bother you, but you never gave me the chance to thank you for the potions." He said, as politely as he could.