Legends of Tamriel

BaldurAnthology

Rorik arrived at Shear Point with the sounds of shouts echoing about him, he knew that this wasn't some threat, but rather his new companions training and testing one another's mettle. Rorik Held back and watch as Idoria began focusing her fire breath shout. During the pause following her latest attempt he lent his own voice, "YOL TOOR-SHUL!" Rorik's fire had been well practiced and honed by the wisdom of the many dragons that had joined him over the past 30 years. The flames were not eve tinged orange, rather a great jet of white flame tinged with much smaller amounts of blues, greens and yellows tore through the air. It was incredibly focused, the point of impact was little broader than a buckler, he could expand it if he wanted to but its true power would be far more diminished. The tempest of fire was directed at a large boulder near the word wall and upon their striking it, it began to glow red at the point of impact, the glow spreading over the rock and growing ever brighter at the center, until a visible pockmark could be seen as the fire ate away at the rock. Slowly but surely, Rorik's fire burned completely through the rock, leaving a neat circle passing all the way through. Rorik released his Thu'um and the cold mountain air shocked the temperature of the stone causing a deep network of cracks to spider-web through the rock.

Rorik then gazed up at the venerable ice dragon with a smile tinging his lips. "It's good to feel the Thu'um again, Zeymah." It had been a long time since Rorik had used his voice, the Greybeards had bore witness to his first shouts in nearly a decade. It felt good to exercise his Thu'um and soul, it made his blood flow and his adrenaline pump. He might not be as adept of a fighter but his Thu'um had only grown stronger with his years of meditation, despite its lack of use.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valerica returned to mixing potions in her little alchemy lab, having not noticed Selene. Selene took the chance to finish it quickly, and painlessly. She came up behind valerica, and pulled her head back, slitting her throat and killing her there and then.. quickly, quietly... kindly. Selene looked at the blood on her hands and her face sunk into one of sadness... she was never born a murderer, or anything remotely evil... she used to be good but... She forgot her emotions and her face went hard again.

-----------------------

Iodiria smiled at the display and said "I thank you my friend... but i do not need the power of the voice... what i possess is more than power enough, i would not like to disgrace the voice by corrupting it with my power."

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Sahvithzoor dipped his head to Iodiria, "As you wish, fahdoni. It seems that Dovahkiin Rorik is more than able to make up for it." His mouth stretched into a toothy grin as he beheld the scorched boulder, his talons clicking on the Word Wall again, "It is in your very blood, dovahkiin - as much a part of you as your heart and lungs. It must not be neglected. But remember that neither must it be abused."

"Hence why i shall not perfect it's art... the powers withing corrupt the magics i use... the voice should not be violated in corruption. A pleasure to meet you, Dovahkiin Rorik... i can promise that i am not what i seem, you have nothing to fear, if you have doubts of my affiliation to the Thalmor."

Cyrus finishes the ritual, and collapses. Every part of his body felt like it was on fire. He rises into the air, and a black smokey energy tinged with gold pours out of his limbs, converting him into a Lich King. He lands lightly back on the ground, and notices although he still breathed, he didn't need to as much. His heart still beat, a lot slower though, and he felt more powerful. He decides to test his new abilities when he gets back to Tamriel, and walks back towards where He had left Selene.

Rorik's expression turned more serious as Sahvithzoor cautioned him, "I have never abused my power, now will I ever. But, the Greybeards' idea of abuse is the voice's very use. It is as much of an abuse to have the power and not use it as it is to use it for ill gain and wicked intentions." Rorik still looked on the Greybeards with disdain. In truth, they were not so bad, they wanted to prevent others from seeing their power and hungering for it, it takes great discipline to not abuse a power as great as the voice. One thing that Kriid-Alduin did not understand. Rorik had listened and spoken with every dragon who he had slain, and many more besides that he went his separate way from. He knew the importance of discipline. He was not always proud of choices in terms of the war, but he still owned up to them and stood by them. He had only used the voice in dire need and to do what he thought would save his homeland. Rorik had never understood why the Greybeards spurned him and why they had at least admitted Kriid-Alduin, even if begrudgingly. Perhaps it was because all that Kriid-Alduin wanted was to kill Alduin, which was, after all, all the Greybeards wanted. Perhaps it was because Rorik was a very independent thinker, even Ulfric, who had given him free-reign and his own command, feared his independence, his own free thinking. Rorik never obeyed orders that he thought were in just and he often spoke out. Perhaps the Greybeards thought that Rorik might spread the voice to others and then topple the all-important discipline with the way of the voice. Rorik didn't know. He wasn't sure that he cared anymore. He had spoken to Parthurnax, who would see him if he needed guidance, and his time on the Throat of the World was over, perhaps forever.

"Not here, hm?," Arianna said, seeming a bit disdained.

"no, I'm sorry, she's not right now. I'll tell you what though. You give me the proof of the kill, I'll discuss it with the Jarl, and maybe I have your pay authorized.," The Markarth Guard said, taking the custom sword Arianna had retireved as part of the deal.

"Thank you. I'll go speak with Calcelmo while you do that."

With that, Arianna walked off to her right, into Calcelmo's labrotory.

"Calcelmo? Are you here? ... Calcelmo!"

"Hm? Ah, hello Arianna. Have you brought the Dwarven Shield of Shock Supression I requested?"

Arianna picked up the large shield she had set on the ground, placing it near Calcelmo.

"right here. I believe the agreed upon payment was 500 Septims?"

"Yes, here you go." Calcelmo handed her a coin purse containing the Septims, as she turned to leave. She was immedately caught by the Guard, who handed her her bount of 1000 Septims.

"you've done Markarth a service, Ms. Arianna. Thank you. That Forsworn Leader was going to eventually put some shop-keepers out of business."

Arianna took the septims and added them to hers, bowing her head politely in greeting. She walked through the large, Dwemer-like doors of Understone Keep, a grin wide on her face at how easy it'd been to make a good 1500 Septims. she headed down the stone steps of the Keep, intending to go home for some rest...

Sara walks up the steps to the Understone Keep, and gets slammed into by someone, falling to the ground. "Hey! Watch it, will you! You're lucky Cyrus isn't here, he would have blasted you for knocking his Steward down." She looks and sees a nord woman with blonde hair and blue eyes holding a bag of coin. "U-um I'm Sara, Steward of Markarth. Y-you are?"

Arianna went down with a thud, her rear stinging a bit from the hard stone. She looked up at the Bosmer, with surprise at how gorgeous she was, because most Bosmers she'd met were at least gruff and serious, if not ugly and beat-up.

"Ow.. Son of a... Arianna.. I own Fair Sea's Farm near Markarth Stables.. I was just in there looking for you to turn in that Bounty the Jarl had put out on a Forsworn Leader... but you were out.."