Random Exterior CTD Fix

d4em

lower numbers the less gets loaded often leads to better stability. The higher the # the more your comp will have to work rendering everything. I use 36 myself never had a problem I even tried uExteriorCellBuffer 1024 with uGridsToLoad set at 7 and 9 running completely stable but I use default values now mainly because of the fps hit on my system + load screen times.

uExteriorCellBuffer has no bearing on changing the uGridsToLoad from default, you do want the uExteriorCellBuffer to be higher value then uGridsToLoad.

Ppl have been trying to solve this out for years to make it run stable but comps have such drastic variances between each other having one value that seems to be stable for one might not be stable for the other, We also all have different mods installed thats will effect stability and perhaps different ini settings....unlike consoles where everything is the same hardware and software ect. My best advice is if you have ctd issues all you can do is try it out see if it works for your comp

Edited by Bloodinfested

• 4 years later...

I had an issue where the uExteriorCellBuffer=36 was misspelled.

It showed as " uExterior Cell Buffer=36 " in my ini file, once i removed the spaces, my game quit crashing during cell load.

I believe the spelling disorder simply kept the entry from firing, so no exterior cell buffer was given to the game.

I hope this helps others with their problem. I don't know how this error appeared in my INI but it was a newly "Steam verified file.