Which mods?

Berry2012

Hey guys!

I am just getting my new gaming rig, and i decided to get out Skyrim again and play it from the beginning.

Now, I don't want to experience the same things as I did the last run, so I wanted to ask:

Can you recommend me mods that give you things like a new faction, new quests, new lands etc.

and mods that give me new races, better/different gameplay etc. (for example: A hunter gameplay, hunting things, "hunter class? :D", hunter guild, or necromancer or whatever)

And: What are the must have visual mods to get the most out of skyrims graphics?

*push

I would answer but i am still struggling to find a stable mod list...

One mod that seem to add much of what you ask is SkyRe (Skyrim Redone) http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9286/

As for eyegasming, try S.T.E.P http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11 Kinda outdated, but still point in a very good direction! (It's not a mod, but a guide to what graphic mod to get)

and...well....good luck! =)

I find it funny that this guy asks for complete gameplay overhauls and everyone recommends visual mods for an already stunning and low performance game >.> No offense, just something that tickled me.

Also, as for the huge type of mods you are asking for, you are probably going to have to wait. They take a lot of time to make and most of the real biggies for oblivion only came out 2 years after oblivion's release. Try and statisfy yourself with somewhat smaller but jsut as great mods untill then :)

Hmm, I was looking forward having mods that would support the Dawnguard DLC gameplay.

I was either going to play as some Dawnguard, so I would search for mods with which I could do that a bit now, or as a Vampire Lord, where I thought about making some kind of Necromancer, having a lot of corpses walking around. But I still don't want the game to be too easy though.

Edited by Berry2012

For new factions, there's only 2 that are in working condition which is the Arbitrary_FA forsworn overhaul mod and the Vigilance of Stendarr mod...

For quests, the majority of them are broken from the 1.6 update but are quickly updating to accommodate the changes.

For races, the best ones are still WIP with the exception of a few anime elf mods (if you're into that kind of thing).

I personally would suggest a few mods to enhance overall gameplay quality to take advantage of the new rig before worrying about content though. Mods like flora overhaul, the lush mod series, enhanced distant terrain (lod terrain jitter), distant detail (massive meshes i.e. mountainous boulders are viewable with lod), enhanced distant trees, and Power Config (an ini setup that allows ANY modern computer rig to have better game quality than a console with a performance boost).

The neat thing is that since the three LOD mods give supreme distant graphics without a performance hit and Power Config sucks away the vanilla LOD in favor of nearby quality, the four mods SEVERELY enhance gameplay graphic (and performance) quality across the board.

For new factions, there's only 2 that are in working condition which is the Arbitrary_FA forsworn overhaul mod and the Vigilance of Stendarr mod...

For quests, the majority of them are broken from the 1.6 update but are quickly updating to accommodate the changes.

For races, the best ones are still WIP with the exception of a few anime elf mods (if you're into that kind of thing).

I personally would suggest a few mods to enhance overall gameplay quality to take advantage of the new rig before worrying about content though. Mods like flora overhaul, the lush mod series, enhanced distant terrain (lod terrain jitter), distant detail (massive meshes i.e. mountainous boulders are viewable with lod), enhanced distant trees, and Power Config (an ini setup that allows ANY modern computer rig to have better game quality than a console with a performance boost).

The neat thing is that since the three LOD mods give supreme distant graphics without a performance hit and Power Config sucks away the vanilla LOD in favor of nearby quality, the four mods SEVERELY enhance gameplay graphic (and performance) quality across the board.

Well, yeah I am definately downloading graphical enhancements.

But, I just wanted to play a character with mods, doesn't matter if WIP or not, and then get that character to either be Vamoire Lord or Dawnguard. So what roleplay/gameplay class/race mod would you recommend?

I am definately downloading SkyRe for gameplay.