Swords Won't Swing

EpicRandomGuy

This sounds very much like a behavior file incompatibility. I would guess you have custom meshes/actors/character/characters/defaultmale.hkx and/or meshes/actors/character/characters female/defaultfemale.hkx.

If so, check where these files are coming from (I hope not FNIS :) )

Tried deleting those folders, it seems to have helped a tid bit...its hard to say but I still get a few animations that go missing and speed up. Thanks for the suggestion though, it does seem to have made it a bit better. At least I think it did.

• 1 month later...
I can't find a solution to the weapon freezing problem. I made backups and deleted everything except skyrim and dawnguard and my weapon animation still freezes in 1st and 3rd person views. I restored earlier saves and it wasnt long before they did the same thing. The problem seemed to come out of nowhere and I have no idea how to fix it. Ill keep trying but I doubt i'll get anywhere. If anyone knows the solution let me know please.

I'm having the same problem and I tried just about everything.

- It happens with or without mods (doesn't matter if it's just disabled, completely removed or never installed in the first place)

- Loading earlier saves does not help

- Starting a new game does not help, even the archer NPC who shoots the horse thief in the intro has no animation and shoots no arrows, yet the thief dies as scripted

- Disabling Dawnguard.esm fixes the problem

- Bows and two-handed weapons don't work

- One handed weapons work on the right hand, but will only perform power attacks

- Nothing works on the left hand, but it does work unarmed and it performs normal attacks

- Although melee oriented NPCs can attack you, mages can't, and will just follow you around, charging their spells

This is all I've observed I think.

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem, but I found the solution (at least for me). The problem was Fores New Idles. I simply didn't have it updated for patch 1.8, and it caused all sorts of animation problems (hitting several times in one strike, attack buttons not responding at all, assuming the T stance in combat and on horses, ect...). Once I updated FNIS everything was completely fixed.

Downgrading to patch 1.6 fixed the issue, time to wait for a better patch.

I think the reason that downgrading worked was because you downloaded to a patch that your FNIS was compatible with. I'll bet if you update FNIS you'll be fine.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This sounds very much like a behavior file incompatibility. I would guess you have custom meshes/actors/character/characters/defaultmale.hkx and/or meshes/actors/character/characters female/defaultfemale.hkx.

If so, check where these files are coming from (I hope not FNIS :smile: )

So I tried deleting those files with no avail......I'm having a similar problem....I can't swing my weapon while moving in any direction but if I stand still I can swing away.......Any other thoughts on what to do to fix this issue?

• 1 year later...

Install FNIS to your Skyrim, Once installed - go to the skyrim folder, go to Data then tools then FNIS_for_users. Run "GenerateFNISForUsers.exe" and click Update FNIS Behaviour, once finished, exit and Skyrim's animations should be fixed. (it's used for mods with custom animations and required for those mods) I think it cleans and repairs general animations and combat animations and also, it looks like the owner of FNIS has already commented on this xD

• 4 months later...