101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use cheats in Skyrim?

• Yes, becouse i like power
    • Yes, becouse im bad at this game
    • Yes, but only when im desperate for help
    • Yes, for other reasons
    • No

Yes, for other reasons.

Obviously I use console commands like TFC 0 and TM in order to take screenshots, but many of the mods I use could definitely be considered "cheats". JaySuS Swords, for example, many armor mods, and many abode mods give my character access to equipment and resources that simply aren't available in the vanilla game. Weapons that give me huge crafting boosts at lower levels, armor that outperforms similar gear perched on the same tier, and homes with a handful of cool potions and gems all enhance my character "artificially", and I do consider that "cheating".

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game is easy enough as it is, why would anyone need to cheat? Hell, I spend half my time finding mods that make it harder and eliminate glitches which ruin the game.

I can understand if someone wants to use the console to test something - but to use it and then save your game? Might as well just download one of those level 81 characters and be done with it.

You have no idea how long it took me to find that Flawless Ruby needed to commune with Peryite. Was worth all the wait when I finally got that shield though.

Edited by fraquar

Game is easy enough as it is, why would anyone need to cheat?

I think it depends on how you define "cheat".

For example, my current character has several mod homes. One of them came with a small collection of potent potions and some nice gems. Nothing major, but they do give me an advantage that wouldn't be there if I didn't have the mod. If you consider mod weapons and armor to be cheats, then I also have several of those, but I never use console commands to give me massive amounts of gold or items that I need to craft things - so I guess it comes down to our individual perceptions.

Thanks to mods I have access to slightly overpowered gear, but if I actually go out into the game world and collect the materials I need to craft that gear without using the console to just give those materials to myself, is it cheating? Well, yes, of course it is, because in the end I have equipment that doesn't exist in the vanilla game.

The Flintlock Pistol is a cheat. So are modded backpacks and mount options like the Dragonkiller Cart. So are my Dwemer hand weapons and my Warchief armor set, but they're not the same kind of "cheats" as items that are simply added to your character through the console. I still have to build all that stuff, but it is technically cheating to use them in the first place.

I use'em to make the game harder & giving me more enemies to kill. I LOVE fighting 10 Elder Dragons at the same time!!! (I wish I could spawn more but my game will CTD)

Side note from poll, try using equipment and NO enchanting skill boost. Just use magical items you find, for the entire game. Still use mods, but only those that do not already have an enchantment or rediculous stats (most mods). Also, change race in concole then change it back to remove all racial perks. If you want even more difficult, don't use smithing skill at all during the play through.

As I've read from other forum, since the monsters in the game will scale with you, if I do that, then it must be that they'll scale down with me then. So I'll stick to "masking" the game, fooling it that my lvl is way higher than I actually am, but that's a while back, now Bethesda might fix it. I don't really need to use enchantment & such, I got a habit of potion hoarding from Oblivion anyway.

I always use "player.additem f 5000" every game AFTER THE FIRST PLAYTHROUGH. It's the same thing aover and over again, so you are darn right i'm not doing it legit. I did it legit once... why spend hours getting souls for soul gems when you can add an inventory full of filled grands? I progress with armor and skills and everything else, I just have a little extra gold, some soul gems... and that's it. It's cheating, yes, but there's no such THING AS CHEATING IN A ONE PLAYER GAME... Who are you cheating against? YOU?!??

Lol I did the same thing on my new playthrough. I role play Balgruuf hooked me as Thane of Whiterun.