Ysgramor's Armor

MrLOD

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok helm is done and I think it looks pretty good. I have also taken the DB nordic carved armor and retextured it to look more distressed. I am going to have the helm as one file and the armor as another since the non-helm pieces will require Dragonborn DLC.

Ideally at some point I will actually edit the cuirass and boot meshes to add some of the key features of the armor seen on the statue, the shoulder blade pieces and oversized shin guards.... but realistically figuring out how to unwrap that complicated cuirass mesh and re-use the existing textures and add on the handmade textures for the new parts of the armor is just going to be a pain and I don't know when that will happen, if ever.

As far as stats/enchants go for the armor - I am going with mixtures of magic resist and fortify health, fortify stam, fortify health rate, fortify stam rate. Idea being that this armor is meant to create a legendary warrior that can resist Mer trickery (magic resist) and is possessed with avenging fallen kinsman. I also was aiming for a couple base points above daedric (~2 or 3) per piece. The pieces will be temperable (really hard to not have that in there regardless of canon) but not enchantable.

The cloak shown in the pics is from the flowing cape add-on... just repainted the texture to throw some links on there.

Getting effed by the upload limit so i will post subsequent pics in new replies....

edited to fix spelling error

Edited by mcgirkke

overhead showing the cloak as well - the cloak texture i repainted isn't fantastic... was pretty much a 5 minute hack job to get something in game that I could get a pic of. The flowing cape mod is awesome, though - highly recommend it.

Edited by mcgirkke

more direct helm shot in better light just to show it more in close...

back - i might still tweak the bottom of the back to clean it up a little more

Edited by mcgirkke

I think it's too wide, I know that that's one of it's defining features, but It still needs to be slightly slimmer. Also, it looks kind of like pipe insulation material.

There's no satisfying some people :rolleyes:

Just keep working at it. I'll definitely be downloading and endorsing this mod when it's ready!