Magic Menu CTD

Beas7ie

For quite some time everytime I try to pull up the Magic Menu I keep getting CTD. I've tried various fixes and even uninstalled and reinstalled and still got it. I then started a new game with less mods and it went away for a bit but then it started happening again. It seems pretty obvious it could be a mod or mods as I have a lot installed but I want to know if there's a way to fix it without having to uninstall all my mods.

I'd say its something related to either one of the interface files being changed (found in your data folder) or a mod changing or adding a spell. If its a menu change then do you have mods that do change this (font included)? If so then backup and delete your interface folder and see if there's still a crash (yes, this does mean having a clean save with no mods installed). If its not an immediate crash you get it could be a hardware issue (I sometimes suffer stuttering on the skills menu when testing things) in this case. Otherwise it may a change to a spell or power that's messing things up. This could be a mod that adds a new race, or one of the many overhaul mods. You really should start a clean save with no mods turned on (you don't have to uninstall them completely, or delete any of your saves), if it isn't a mod that's causing it, and you have uninstalled them (or just moved them to another folder), then it may be a patch related issue.

Try my suggestions, failing that allow papyrus logs and post them here. (They show the last scripts that were run, so should highlight what caused the crash. Read them even if it is a mod issue though so you don't have to move everything). ^^

I'd say its something related to either one of the interface files being changed (found in your data folder) or a mod changing or adding a spell. If its a menu change then do you have mods that do change this (font included)? If so then backup and delete your interface folder and see if there's still a crash (yes, this does mean having a clean save with no mods installed). If its not an immediate crash you get it could be a hardware issue (I sometimes suffer stuttering on the skills menu when testing things) in this case. Otherwise it may a change to a spell or power that's messing things up. This could be a mod that adds a new race, or one of the many overhaul mods. You really should start a clean save with no mods turned on (you don't have to uninstall them completely, or delete any of your saves), if it isn't a mod that's causing it, and you have uninstalled them (or just moved them to another folder), then it may be a patch related issue.

Try my suggestions, failing that allow papyrus logs and post them here. (They show the last scripts that were run, so should highlight what caused the crash. Read them even if it is a mod issue though so you don't have to move everything). ^^

Thanks for the suggestions but I figured out that it's Zigurd's Brutal Combat. I have Skyrim updated to 1.6 and apparently his mod isn't compatible with it yet and I'm not the only one with that problem which is a shame as it's the best combat mod released so far, unless there's a fix for it.

Though I do occassionaly have random(mostly exterior) CTD so I probably will try your suggestions and hopefully have a fix. I updated my drivers yesterday so I know that's not the issue. At any rate thanks for the help.