[LE] Master-level concentration spells

Austvinden

I have posted this in the mod request section:

For some weeks I've been trying to make the vanilla master-level destruction spells like Fire Storm and Blizzard into concentration spells, draining magicka per second making me able to cast it for as long as I'm able instead of a "Fire and Forget" type of spell. Is this something anyone could do? I have been trying myself and I'm not exactly a mere apprentice in the CK, but just can't wrap my head around this. I'd really appreciate it and I'm sure a lot others would too.

Now I'm making this thread to see if anyone is interested in helping me with this. I think it'd be epic, yet due to the fact that the vanilla spell "Blizzard" is marked as a script, I've been led to believe that this would require a bunch of scripting. Keep in mind that I would like to keep the ritual-animation from vanilla, and not only that but actually keep it held for as long as one casts the spell.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You could look into how the Master lightning spell works, because that is a concentration spell.

Aye, it's true. However it is worth noting that the way the other master-level spells work are that they "Spawn" a "Hazard", as in spawning a scripted event, specifically called "Spawn Hazard". The spells seem to only do that, and so the actual visual effects reside in the Scripted magic effect. I am particularly talking about those big visual effects in mind.