A not ugly male follower

GirlGamer55

Here's a mod that needs to be done. Go look for male followers on this site, then try and find one that isn't ugly as hell.

We have all these modders putting time and effort into FEMALE followers making them sexy or cute or good looking, and the few modders that make male followers give us guys that look like they got hit with an ugly stick. I know Skyrim has some ugly looking men, but there are some mods out there that will help, like Better males: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2488

I'm looking at all the followers on the site and so far i'm up too...page 25. In 25 pages I found maybe 10 mods that had male followers. 10! What is with all this focus on women?

You all realize that females do play this game right? I know i'll get some hate for bringing it up, but there are female gamers in the world. And not all of us want a bunch of double d cup blond playboy bunny followers running around after us. :wallbash:

I'm not against using female followers, I have Lydia following me. I just want a male follower that's easy on the eyes...

Sorry for the slight rant.

I totally agree, being female myself, but 90% of this community is male, and then there is the small part of teenage boys who only play and mod skyrim to get their jollies. If you really want a guy that's completely to your tastes, you'd best just turn on the ck and alter the appearance of an excisting NPC - there are a lot of good tutorials if you google for them :)

If you're unable to get the ck, you might wanna be more specific... Race, hair, eye color, maybe pictures, class, ect...

Some women find men with scars atractive. Mind you, most of those women are krogan. - Garrus, Mass Effect 2 :)

I totally agree, being female myself, but 90% of this community is male, and then there is the small part of teenage boys who only play and mod skyrim to get their jollies. If you really want a guy that's completely to your tastes, you'd best just turn on the ck and alter the appearance of an excisting NPC - there are a lot of good tutorials if you google for them :)

If you're unable to get the ck, you might wanna be more specific... Race, hair, eye color, maybe pictures, class, ect...

Some women find men with scars atractive. Mind you, most of those women are krogan. - Garrus, Mass Effect 2 :)

I think that statement could be made about gamers in general. Most of them are men/boys who like big breasted women running around nude in their games.

I can get the ck and I even use it to make house mods but I never have made a npc that I like in it. Way to hard to fiddle with those damn sliders lol. Or the guy turns out to have some off colored skin I can never get right.

The reason I didn't go into specifics is I doubt anyone will actually make my request. But if someone did, I'd be happy to tell them exactly how I want my follower to look.

Here's a mod that needs to be done. Go look for male followers on this site, then try and find one that isn't ugly as hell.

We have all these modders putting time and effort into FEMALE followers making them sexy or cute or good looking, and the few modders that make male followers give us guys that look like they got hit with an ugly stick. I know Skyrim has some ugly looking men, but there are some mods out there that will help, like Better males: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2488

I'm looking at all the followers on the site and so far i'm up too...page 25. In 25 pages I found maybe 10 mods that had male followers. 10! What is with all this focus on women?

You all realize that females do play this game right? I know i'll get some hate for bringing it up, but there are female gamers in the world. And not all of us want a bunch of double d cup blond playboy bunny followers running around after us. :wallbash:

I'm not against using female followers, I have Lydia following me. I just want a male follower that's easy on the eyes...

Sorry for the slight rant.

Make me as a male follower then

• 2 months later...

I agree. I can't stand all the sexy nude armour and clothing mods that get to the top of the list. As if wearing armour that covers only your areola would protect you from anything.

I think that this mods makes Benor decent-looking.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9140

And if you ever have the chance to play the game in French, his voice is just lovely.

After we get married, the way he says "Oui, mon amour" makes me swoon :wub:

• 2 months later...

Yep, totally want to see some handsome male followers. It's tough finding a nice guy in vanilla. I like it when people make mods of guys but rarely do they seem to be romanceable.

I certainly think that the mod "Final Younger Characters" helps with that though.

Edited by musicalfrog7

I've been wanting to improve Atvir's looks for a long time, but I've run into three major problems:

1) The vanilla face resources are just awful (particularly for elves), and I don't want to create any dependencies on other mods.

2) It's next to impossible to find someone with the skills to make a custom face/race who will see the job through to completion. I've gone through two or three volunteers so far, and have made zero progress. :(

3) As a straight guy, I don't have a real solid grasp on the definition of a "sexy" male (which is pretty subjective to begin with). I've gotten feedback from women I know on the subject, but I'm outside the target demographic, so it's all second-hand information.

I'm still searching and hoping for a breakthrough, but giving poor Atvir a makeover is turning into a real headache.

First off, I hate your attitude. If you want stuff done, do it yourself, that's a good motto to live by.

Second; The entire modding community is based on demand and interest, people create mods based on what they themselves like and what others are likely to like, and since the majority of the community consists of heterosexual men, mods for their pleasing is going to be the #1 thing you'll stumble across here. If you want to change that, you're either going to have to create a bigger demand (ie. recruit more females to gaming) or you're going to have to get stuff done yourself.

I think what you're saying is very relative though. Your pretty male is probably not the same as my pretty male. I don't DL "custom followers", I think there are many enough as it is, so I don't know what people make and not. However I do know that the NPC editor utility is great if you just want to customize existing ones yourself, which is not hard at all.

Remember that it's just as hard for you to learn and create yourself as it was for anyone else..

/Female who does simple s*** herself instead of relying on others to do it

Edited by Halendia