A not ugly male follower

GirlGamer55

First off, I hate your attitude. If you want stuff done, do it yourself, that's a good motto to live by.

Second; The entire modding community is based on demand and interest, people create mods based on what they themselves like and what others are likely to like, and since the majority of the community consists of heterosexual men, mods for their pleasing is going to be the #1 thing you'll stumble across here. If you want to change that, you're either going to have to create a bigger demand (ie. recruit more females to gaming) or you're going to have to get stuff done yourself.

I think what you're saying is very relative though. Your pretty male is probably not the same as my pretty male. I don't DL "custom followers", I think there are many enough as it is, so I don't know what people make and not. However I do know that the NPC editor utility is great if you just want to customize existing ones yourself, which is not hard at all.

Remember that it's just as hard for you to learn and create yourself as it was for anyone else..

/Female who does simple s*** herself instead of relying on others to do it

Speaking of attitude, Halendia, it is laughable that you would take the time to flame someone's post in the "Mod Request" section with "Do it yourself." This forum is a place for people to ask for help. That's its sole function. Go ahead, instruct GirlGamer55 on how she might help herself - but don't beat her down while you're at it. Sheesh.

But while we're at it, I will agree - hating on the male NPC's faces is just as vain as dissing the pin-up girl followers people keep making. Yes, those blow-up dolls are silly. But, really, is Argis's bearded mug that terrible?

• 4 weeks later...

Feel ya on this. Skyrim NPC Editor is not the end all be all solution to this problem--or at least it's not for me. You could use the NPC editor to make any npc in the vanilla game more attractive, but the dialog is still dull. Or you could find a wonderful male follower mod and the follower not be supermodel hot, and not be able to change the way that character looks in NPC editor ( at least I couldn't change the looks--I just spent all day trying). This sounds strikingly like real life, and who wants real life when playing a fantasy game?

I really wish I had some talent at modding or at least understanding the construction set. If I did, I would create something like Ren's Beauty Mod (Morrowind) that would make it so you could just buy a beautiful male faces (or any face) and affix it to any character you wanted to change. That would be awesome.

What, you people don't find Vorstag sexy? Actually, this is the interwebz, so maybe Kharjo has a bigger following, being a kitteh and all?

Nah, Jack, my character looks almost exactly like me (being my avatar in Tamriel, after all), but with amusing facial hair that I can't mimic for work reasons. If I want to see sexy women touching each other on a PC screen then I have the whole internet for that.

• 1 year later...

Ughhhhhhh I've scoured what feels like the whole of the internet for this. At most, I've found a couple of attractive guys--but cute ones? I will ascend to heaven the day someone comes out with a properly cute male follower.

But still! I don't exactly know what your preferences are, but this and this are at least steps in the right direction. I mean, they're not exactly my cup of tea--just a little too much muscle and too little pigment on the both of them(not to mention the second dude has got something odd going on with his expression), but they're something, at least.

Also, if you're willing to sit around adjusting sliders for -cough-severalhours-cough-, just install Familiar Faces and get working. Though, I'll warn you this mod tends to run into a lot of problems. IDK, I've seen some people install it smooth as can be and have their custom followers in-game and gorgeous as ever without a hitch. Me? I sit down for a millennia and meticulously slide until I've got myself Ellen Page, use the mod... and she comes out with red-brown face textures and pinkish hair--a problem I still haven't found a fix for. So, word of advice: 1) TEST the mod before you customize your character, and 2) be wary of any and all appearance mods you have installed. Or, possibly a wiser option: wait until the mod is 100% complete.

P.s. DreamBurrows is working is working on a Pan custom race, and if goat-boys are a thing that is okay with you, then those boys are lookin fine.