Failed to deploy mds

ChaywardtheGod

So, I have no idea what to do, I looked all over and I feel hopless. Everything was working fine, and now I can't load any of my mods.

Error: Unexpected token in JSON at position 0.

*** When you report this, please include the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\vortex.deployment.json ***"
at tagFile (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\webpack:\src\extensions\mod_management\util\activationStore.ts:153:35)
at tryCatcher (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)
at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:512:31)
at Promise._settlePromise (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:569:18)
at Promise._settlePromise0 (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:614:10)
at Promise._settlePromises (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:689:18)
at Async._drainQueue (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:133:16)
at Async._drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:143:10)
at Async.drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:17:14)
at <anonymous>
I keep getting that error code. Please I'm begging someone to help me as I've looked everywhere and I don't know what to do. Please some help me.

Hi,

Is this happening for every mod? i.e. if you uninstall some and try again, does it work then?

How are you deploying? Manually or do you have "Deploy mods when enabled" activated in your settings?

What were you doing when the error first appeared? Anything unusual? What were the last mods you installed?

Please provide as much information as possible so we can investigate the issue. Thanks.

I have the same problem.

I sent (multiple, 3 I believe) reports thru the pop-up that the error message that vortex generates. I cannot figure out how to send the requested file though.

It is happening for every mod.

I have the auto deploy activated in vortex when the mod is enabled.

This has happened since I re-installed vortex after having to do a computer re-boot.

I followed Gopher's video presentation, as I did the first time I installed vortex when I did not have this problem.

Any help to fix this would be GREATLY appreciated.

I have the same problem.

I sent (multiple, 3 I believe) reports thru the pop-up that the error message that vortex generates. I cannot figure out how to send the requested file though.

This has happened since I re-installed vortex after having to do a computer re-boot.

I followed Gopher's video presentation, as I did the first time I installed vortex when I did not have this problem.

In the top right, click the three dots and then "Send Feedback". Enter a descriptive title and provide pertinent information as your message.

bNoWd0y.png

To attach the file, navigate to your data folder ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\") and look for "vortex.deployment.json". Drag and drop that file into the field that says "Drop files to attach". After that click "Submit Feedback".

Thank you for the reply! MUCH appreciated. I gave up, and re-installed the new update, and it seems to have fixed whatever was the problem - that and deleting a certian plug-in that vortex said was invalid, and not trying to reinstall that one plug-in yet.

I will bookmark this page and will use the clear instructions you gave me if anything like this occurs again.

Again, thanks!

I have the same problem.

In the top right, click the three dots and then "Send Feedback". Enter a descriptive title and provide pertinent information as your message.

bNoWd0y.png

To attach the file, navigate to your data folder ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\") and look for "vortex.deployment.json". Drag and drop that file into the field that says "Drop files to attach". After that click "Submit Feedback".

Thank you for the

Edited by bodieinsd

If your report is added to the issue list on github, it will be listed on the Dashboard in the "your issues" panel.

However, it may take a while to appear there and might not at all if the bug is considered to be a user error or has already been reported by someone else. You can always check out the GitHub issues yourself using

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/issues

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I don't even have a goddamn message box, its just:

YOUR MESSAGE

Or Attach Special File

So I literally can't send a complaint correctly.

All I can say is I looked at the vortex json file in my new vegas directory and it was completely empty.

I've installed the new update and everything, but its all broken.

Oh, and apparently I can't attach it here because "i'm not permitted"

What a joke.

Edited by AccidentalAwesomeness