Special Double-edged Scythe and Anims

ZephyrFive

I've been running around installing mods for awhile, and I normally just look for weapons, races, and armor retextures, and once, a TARDIS Player Home. Didn't find anything. But no matter.

I've found some scythes, but they all use sword animations, and they all face outward, with, most likely, a two-handed sword stance.

What I think would be good would be if the idle animation was one where the character (hopefully, the Dovahkiin) were holding it like a proper close-combat polearm - a somewhat diagonal angle, with the business end behind the wielder, and at the lower of the slant, and the pole end facing slightly outward from the character's chest.

But, unlike most scythe weapon mods, the blade is to be held inward, so that if the wielder were to jerk the weapon foreward, they'd be cut in half, as this is meant to be a stealth weapon with berserk potential.

I even have some drawings for possible variations, though you may use textures as you wish, as my drawings are simply for shape. Each version is scaled based on the desired size of the blade, the pole should be approximately the same length, not including curves, for each.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u484/ZephyrFive/Scythes-ISEODGED.jpg

I tried to keep everything lore friendly.

Iron should be made from one iron ingot, and two firewood

Steel should be made from a steel ingot, an iron ingot, two firewood, and leather strips

Elven should be made with one quicksilver ingot, one refined moonstone ingot, one iron ingot, and leather strips

Orcish should be made from two orichalcum ingots and an iron ingot, and leather strips

Dwarven should be made from two dwarven metal ingots and an iron ingot

Glass should be made from two refined malachite ingot and one refined moonstone ingot

Ebony should be made from three ebony ingots

Daedric should be made from five ebony ingots, a daedra heart, and a Black Soul Gem(Grand)

Alternatively, if you so choose, you could even make a Dragon Scythe, which I have a design in mind for.

It should be made from one Dragon Bone, one Dragon Scale, one iron ingot, and leather strips.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u484/ZephyrFive/Scythes-Dragon.jpg

For a humanoid frontal execution animation, the wielder would swing the scythe around the victim's neck, like proper, and pull back, catching the blade with their bare, or gloved, hand, and having an artsy way of reverting to the idle

For a humanoid sneak execution, the weilder would, again, hook the scythe around the victim's neck, but the victim would get hit, and react as if they'd been bumped in the shoulder, or in this case, the neck, before the wielder plants their foot on the back of the victim's neck and jerks the blade back in a smooth decapitation, with another artsy revert

For wolves and bears, have the wielder knock the beast in the head with the back of the business end before bringing the pole end down on their spine, approximately, their heart, and then, to revert to idle, they'd jerk the pole end out and have a plain reversion(As you can see, from steel onward, they have spiked ends, and some even have a halbert-style blade or a spike on the back of the business end))

For dragon executions, have the wielder use the scythe as a hook around the dragon's neck before going into a wobbly standing position on it's head, and then, after gaining balance, bringing the tip of the blade down straight into the dragon's cranium, followed by jumping off the side, twisting and withdrawing the blade as they fall, landing in the idle stance.

For first person, one would get a view of Dovahkiin holding the pole end with the elbow pointed forward, and swinging motions could be the other hand being brought to a swinging position and the scythe swinging across.

For sheathing, the wielder could simply hold it like a cane, if you could make a special idle and walking animation for when it's "sheathed". Or, if you have a different idea, such as a blade sheath and pole strap, that would also be fine.

Big ups to thee, who takes this task upon themselves, and congratulations to thee who accomplishes the task.

Edited by ZephyrFive

• 4 months later...

I think this is the right place to reply. I've come across a guy who used the steam workshop and has made a scythe compilation that uses axe animations. Probably the best you'll get until someone figures out how to put an entirely new animation into the game without messing anything up.

I've been running around installing mods for awhile, and I normally just look for weapons, races, and armor retextures, and once, a TARDIS Player Home. Didn't find anything. But no matter.

I've found some scythes, but they all use sword animations, and they all face outward, with, most likely, a two-handed sword stance.

What I think would be good would be if the idle animation was one where the character (hopefully, the Dovahkiin) were holding it like a proper close-combat polearm - a somewhat diagonal angle, with the business end behind the wielder, and at the lower of the slant, and the pole end facing slightly outward from the character's chest.

But, unlike most scythe weapon mods, the blade is to be held inward, so that if the wielder were to jerk the weapon foreward, they'd be cut in half, as this is meant to be a stealth weapon with berserk potential.

I even have some drawings for possible variations, though you may use textures as you wish, as my drawings are simply for shape. Each version is scaled based on the desired size of the blade, the pole should be approximately the same length, not including curves, for each.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u484/ZephyrFive/Scythes-ISEODGED.jpg

I tried to keep everything lore friendly.

Iron should be made from one iron ingot, and two firewood

Steel should be made from a steel ingot, an iron ingot, two firewood, and leather strips

Elven should be made with one quicksilver ingot, one refined moonstone ingot, one iron ingot, and leather strips

Orcish should be made from two orichalcum ingots and an iron ingot, and leather strips

Dwarven should be made from two dwarven metal ingots and an iron ingot

Glass should be made from two refined malachite ingot and one refined moonstone ingot

Ebony should be made from three ebony ingots

Daedric should be made from five ebony ingots, a daedra heart, and a Black Soul Gem(Grand)

Alternatively, if you so choose, you could even make a Dragon Scythe, which I have a design in mind for.

It should be made from one Dragon Bone, one Dragon Scale, one iron ingot, and leather strips.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u484/ZephyrFive/Scythes-Dragon.jpg

For a humanoid frontal execution animation, the wielder would swing the scythe around the victim's neck, like proper, and pull back, catching the blade with their bare, or gloved, hand, and having an artsy way of reverting to the idle

For a humanoid sneak execution, the weilder would, again, hook the scythe around the victim's neck, but the victim would get hit, and react as if they'd been bumped in the shoulder, or in this case, the neck, before the wielder plants their foot on the back of the victim's neck and jerks the blade back in a smooth decapitation, with another artsy revert

For wolves and bears, have the wielder knock the beast in the head with the back of the business end before bringing the pole end down on their spine, approximately, their heart, and then, to revert to idle, they'd jerk the pole end out and have a plain reversion(As you can see, from steel onward, they have spiked ends, and some even have a halbert-style blade or a spike on the back of the business end))

For dragon executions, have the wielder use the scythe as a hook around the dragon's neck before going into a wobbly standing position on it's head, and then, after gaining balance, bringing the tip of the blade down straight into the dragon's cranium, followed by jumping off the side, twisting and withdrawing the blade as they fall, landing in the idle stance.

For first person, one would get a view of Dovahkiin holding the pole end with the elbow pointed forward, and swinging motions could be the other hand being brought to a swinging position and the scythe swinging across.

For sheathing, the wielder could simply hold it like a cane, if you could make a special idle and walking animation for when it's "sheathed". Or, if you have a different idea, such as a blade sheath and pole strap, that would also be fine.

Big ups to thee, who takes this task upon themselves, and congratulations to thee who accomplishes the task.

From what I know, adding in an entire new weapon animation is next to impossible. You would have to replace one of the existing weapon animations, and most people just wouldn't be cool with that. Also the wielder using it like can sounds almost impossible as well, as the game can't give different animations based on the weapon, to even do it EVERY humanoid actor in the game would ALWAYS be walking like they had a cane, regardless of what weapon they had. You could use the "PC exclusive animations', but you would still walk like you were walking with a cane, even when you had another weapon equipped. Animations are just reallyreally hard to work into the game, and take a LOT of effort to make in the first place, as a smooth animation can take hours upon hours of mind-numbingly monotonous work. To make ALL the animations you suggested, it would take even the best of animators months of works to make all by themselves.

I like the idea, but it seems like an intense amount of work for a simple weapon mod that would make the person using it basically unable to use any other weapon in the game without glitchiness.

You make a great point; I'd given up on this idea quite some months ago. I knew the animating would require a lot of work. Perhaps, when Skyrim has the level of script modding Oblivion is in now, it'll be a bit easier. But it'll not be easy enough while Skyrim is in the spotlight.

• 3 years later...

yo ik this was put up years ago. but im honestly curious if anyone has tried this idea since it came up? i love scythes. playing soul calibur brought out my love for the weapon, and they are some of the most unstoppable weapons if you use it correctly. now i would honestly help whoever has a idea on making the animations work, but i know little to nothing about computers, the stuff ik i had help learning or taught myself, but please if anyone is making a mod that does scythe animations, i would love to test it and help it become a real mod. i may not know much about it but i can and will help to the best of my abilities so please someone give me some damn good news. and if no one wants to try i understand, ik how difficult to make something like this is. but it would be much appreciated to the scythe lovers of gaming. thank you all for coming up with the great ideas, and when i get better with computers i plan on making a scythe mod

• 5 months later...