NCR new vegas

devinpatterson

So I found this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50493/?

The mod creator states in the description that it can be used and/or modified just let them know first and to credit them.

I was thinking this world space would be perfect for the mission that involve attacking the legion camp, where the Legion separatists make their new home and where the NCR sends its support for the new nation since the location is based off of the Grand Canyon. The best place for the Legion camp could be around the players home (From the entrance to the canyon, the house is on the far end). Have a junk wall where the invisible wall is, and the Commander/legates tent could be where the house is. The NCR troops would be dropped off on the house side of the wooden bridge, some NCR 1st recon and a few veteran rangers could be on the opposite side giving covering fire for the troops and the B-29 (If it can be turned into a gunship) would be firing at the ground on the opposite side of the invisible wall. You could also find some way of using it in the other endings as well.

There are a few good places on the canyon side of the bridge that could make a good place for 1-2 settlements for the new faction. For the clothing of the faction I was thinking it would be best to just use vanilla outfits.

Examples: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Wasteland_outfit_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Caravaneer_outfit

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Field_hand_outfit

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Prospector_outfit

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Settler_outfit

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Slave_rags (This would be rare and only seen on recently escaped slaves.)

For their soldiers/guards you could use

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gecko-backed_leather_armor

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gecko-backed_leather_armor,_reinforced

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Leather_armor_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Leather_armor,_reinforced

As for any changes in the map I was thinking of just adding some fresh water rivers in the river bed areas, adding large rocks to just before the invisible walls so the player won't run into them, and change the name from Dry Canyon to the Grand Canyon.

P.S. I'm looking forward to your thoughts or comments and I'm aware that's a lot of info, sorry about that :P

Edited by sgtKraigO

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey brother, sorry I havn't followed up on some of the more recent posts re: ncr, ind, divide etc. Havn't had any time for a well thought out and reasoned reply. But so far it looks like Sunday is free, so I'm hoping to do some catching up then.

But yeah dry canyon is a great resource, and TrickyVein is virtually a national treasure for the community. I particularity appreciate his tutorials.

I'm also rather hopeful on sedona, using a cloned version of HH's worldspace. Did a small test on bouldercity world and everything went smooth.

But yeah some good places for some legion combat, thanks for keeping an eye out for resources, and I'll try and catch up a bit on the threads tomorrow.

But yeah some good places for some legion combat, thanks for keeping an eye out for resources, and I'll try and catch up a bit on the threads tomorrow.

Not a problem. I'm having a difficult time figuring out the programs for making the B-29 gunship (I think in-game it should be called the B/AC-29). But if it does get made somehow, I was thinking of asking if we could use the models from this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38762/? it would just be the "Alice Grinder" and the "Nasty Grandpa". I'm still not sure how if it should fire or if the player can see and occasional explosions behind the base and is just told they're from the bomber.

Here's my research into the NCR endings along with some ideas thrown in. This will contain SPOILERS for many of the games quests so don't say I didn't warn you. :tongue:

Boomers

If Pearl and Loyal are already dead then the Boomers will leave Nellis and the area will be scavenged by prospectors. Only under this scenario I can see the NCR taking over Nellis.

If Volare wasn't completed then after Hoover Dam the NCR will launch numerous campaigns against the Boomers. The Boomers manage to fend off the NCR with their superior artillery and will start trading with the Gun Runners for gunpowder.

If Volare was completed then with the Gun Runners help the Boomers will develop a trading relationship with the NCR. Eventually the Boomers will wander the wastes while preventing outsiders from entering Nellis. It's worth noting that there is already an inaccessable air traffic control building which will come into handy since the Boomers now have a plane.

Brotherhood of Steel

If a truce was set up between the Brotherhood and NCR then in exchange for the NCR's salvaged power armor the Brotherhood help patrol I-15 and Highway 95. This scenario is only possible if McNamara is still elder of the chapter. The NCR's truce with the Brotherhood only covers the Mojave chapter as they are still at war with the Brotherhood back west. It would be interesting to see what the other Brotherhood elders at Lost Hills think about this truce.

If a truce was not set up then the player is forced to kill the Brotherhood in the main game. Those who were outside the bunker will settle into new lives or head back west to join another chapter. If the player chooses not to activate the the bunker's self destruct sequence and kills everyone then I can see the bunker falling into NCR hands. I would expect that Veronica would eventually find out about this and it would make sense to lose her as a companion over something like this.

Fiends

During the battle at Hoover Dam the Fiends will attempt to attack Camp McCarren. The NCR will repel the raid but losses on the NCR's side will vary depending on how many Fiend leaders were taken out during the quest Three Card Bounty. I would still expect the Fiends (even with all their leaders gone) to occupy the Outer Vegas area and Vault 3 before the player is tasked to help the NCR finish them off in order to secure important facilities in the area like the New Vegas Steel Plant, Sunset Sarsaparilla HQ and Samson Rock Crushing Plant.

Followers of the Apocalypse

If Julie Farkas is dead then Old Mormon Fort becomes a drug den that will be needed to clear out. If the Followers are persuaded to support the NCR then they will remain at Mormon Fort otherwise they will be forced to leave New Vegas. If the Followers are gone then it would be a good idea to see the NCR struggle with refugees.

Arcade

If convinced to help the Followers during Hoover Dam then Arcade will remain in Freeside tending to the sick before moving to NCR territory with other members of the Followers and becoming a teacher. If Arcade joins the Remnants during Hoover Dam then he will later on be outed as a member of the Enclave, kicked out of the Followers and arrested and tried by the NCR. This last scenario seems a bit unfair to Arcade considering that his only association with the Enclave was being born in it. Unless a mission is made to free Arcade from NCR prison I would expect the player to lose Arcade as a companion.

Goodsprings

If Goodsprings was defended against the Powder Gangers then it will see more trade but some of the residents will be unable to pay their taxes for the NCR and decide to move on. If the player helped the Powder Gangers take over Goodsprings then I can't imagine the NCR will eventually take control of the town. I would recommend against changing anything in Goodsprings as it's a popular spot for modders to place their mods.

Cass

If the quest Heartache By the Number was completed the violent way then the NCR will face problems back west. The NCR's supply lines will struggle without support from the Crimson Caravan and Van Graffs unless the "massacre in the east" is resolved. If the quest was completed by exposing the Van Graffs and Crimson Caravan then it will allow the NCR to blackmail them and set up strict trade laws with little resistance. Also a NCR victory will result in Cass having her way with a NCR trooper when looking for the Courier (only if the player character is male). I would be happy to see Cass set up a new caravan or run a bar in Freeside if the player has chosen the NCR,House or Independence path.

Great Khans

If Papa Khan is convinced to break his alliance with Caesar and not replaced by Regis then they will migrate to Wyoming, reconnect with the Followers of the Apocalypse and create a new settlement. If Regis replaces Papa Khan then the NCR will set their sights on the Great Khans after Hoover Dam. The surviving Khans will be relocated to a isolated, barren reservation north of NCR trade routes.

If the player does not convince the Khans to break their deal with the Legion then the NCR will go after the Khans for their alliance with Caesar. Those who survive will travel north to the wilderness of Idaho. I hope the idea for creating a new settlement in Red Rock Canyon is still on the cards.

The Kings

If G.I Blues was completed with easing tensions between the Kings and NCR then the Kings continues to help the NCR on full scale reflief efforts for the people. The NCR will make many offers to the Kings to allow Freeside into the Republic but the Kings will refuse them every time stating that they prefer to retain their independence.

If G.I Blues was completed with inciting full scale war then the NCR will kill most of the Kings when they move in to secure Freeside. A few survivors will wander into the wastes. This scenario will allow for the NCR to set up a police station in Freeside.

If G.I Blues was not completed then the Kings will continue to hold on to Freeside making the NCR's move into the area problematic. Alternatively if the King himself is already dead then the rest of the group is said to leave Freeside.

The Misfits

If the quest Flags of Our Foul-Ups was completed with O'Harlan's or Mags advice then we see them distinguishing themselves in the Legion attack at Camp Golf. I would suggest maybe relocating them to Camp McCarren and have the option to recruit them as followers.

If Razz's advice was followed then pumped full of drugs they manage to defend Camp Golf from the Legion and earn some medals but later on they would turn into junkies and begin to target travelers in Outer Vegas to feed their fix. The NCR will eventually have them captured, court-martialed and executed.

If Poindexter's advice is followed then the Misfit's laziness catches up to them when the Legion attacks Camp Golf. Those who weren't killed in the attack attempted to flee. They end up getting caught at Mojave Outpost then court-martialed and hanged from the Ranger statue.This result is also dependent on a Legion or House victory so I can't say for sure if a NCR victory ending would overwrite this ending. It may be possible for the player to be tasked with clearing out the Legion from Camp Golf if this scenario happens.

Novac

The quest Come Fly With Me is tied into Nipton's fate. Regardless of wether you helped the NCR in Nelson or not we know that Nipton is attacked by the Legion during the second battle at Hoover Dam.

If Come Fly With Me was failed by killing Jason Bright then many of Novac's citizens die in the Legion attack. Without any aid from nearby communities Novac falls to the Legion. If Come Fly with me was not completed then feral ghouls will move into Novac. after the Legion attack.

If the quest was completed by sabotaging the rockets then radioactive fuel from the wrecked ships will contaminate the area which results in Novac being abandonned (not good for anyone who has a favorite house mod there). If the quest was completed by improving the rockets navigation then the Bright Followers will assist in the evacuation of Novac and help restore their defenses allowing them to be independent of the NCR. In this scenario I can imagine the player being asked to convince the citizens of Novac to join the Republic. This would be a tough sale as I'm sure that the people of Novac will accuse the NCR of failing to protect them from the Legion during Hoover Dam.

Boone

Depends on how his quest I Forgot To Remember To Forget goes. If made vengeful over Bitter Springs then Boone will journey to California looking to kill the NCR officer who lead the attack on Bitter Springs and finally committing suicide himself. If Boone is made to make amends then he will rejoin his old unit 1st Recon. I would suggest relocating Boone and the rest of 1st Recon to Camp McCarren if this scenario happens. I'm sure NCR players would appreciate the option to recruit the rest of 1st Recon as followers.

Powder Gangers NCRCF

If Eddie is not killed then the NCR will eventually take back the prison. If the player has already killed Eddie the prison becomes an area for scavengers but I'm sure that the NCR will move them along and reclaim the prison eventually.

Powder Gangers Vault 19

If the quest Why Can't We Be Friends was not completed or completed it by blowing up both the sulfur deposits and Vault 19 then the Vault 19 Powder Gangers will be torment the Mojave and NCR travelers for years. Other options are blowing up only the sulfur mines and convincing the Powder Gangers to turn themselves over to the NCR where they will be put back in prison with increased sentences or ask Papa Khan to let them to join the Great Khans.

Primm

This depends on who is selected to run Primm. If the NCR are persuaded to look after Primm then the area will benefit from increased traffic and protection the citizens will struggle under the Republic's taxes.

If Meyers was recruited then he is said to run Primm fairly but now and then somebody will end up dead with no evidence against them. This may prompt the NCR to put Meyers back in prison as he obviously hasn't learned his lesson.

If Primm Slim was reprogrammed then Primm manages to prosper despite Primm Slim being an ineffective deterrent against crime. I'm sure that the player will have to convince to join up with the NCR in this scenario.

NCR Rangers

If Chief Hanlon commits suicide then his plan to oppose the annexation is exposed when General Oliver is being declared a war hero. Many rangers were treated coldly on their return home and public and political support for the Rangers is quickly dwindled. If the player chooses not to expose Hanlon then both NCR troopers and rangers share glory over the victory against the Legion. Hanlon decides to step out of the spotlight, credits General Oliver for his leadership and retires to his ranch in Redding.

The Remnants

Nothing much in their ending other than that they disappeared as quickly as they came. I would relocate the Remnants to their default locations and have the code to enter the bunker changed preventing the NCR from taking over their bunker. I just don't like the idea of handing the bunker over to the NCR. If NCR fans want the NCR to have the bunker then they'll have to kill the Remnants for the new passcodes. This should probably result with the player becoming hostile with Jacobstown (killing Dr Henry and ruin the Nightkin's chances of a cure being produced) and losing Arcade as a companion if he is still around.

Here's my research into the NCR endings along with some ideas thrown in. This will contain SPOILERS for many of the games quests so don't say I didn't warn you. :tongue:

Boomers

If Pearl and Loyal are already dead then the Boomers will leave Nellis and the area will be scavenged by prospectors. Only under this scenario I can see the NCR taking over Nellis.

If Volare wasn't completed then after Hoover Dam the NCR will launch numerous campaigns against the Boomers. The Boomers manage to fend off the NCR with their superior artillery and will start trading with the Gun Runners for gunpowder.

If Volare was completed then with the Gun Runners help the Boomers will develop a trading relationship with the NCR. Eventually the Boomers will wander the wastes while preventing outsiders from entering Nellis. It's worth noting that there is already an inaccessable air traffic control building which will come into handy since the Boomers now have a plane.

Ya the whole NCR occupying would only work if the Boomers are gone.

Brotherhood of Steel

If a truce was set up between the Brotherhood and NCR then in exchange for the NCR's salvaged power armor the Brotherhood help patrol I-15 and Highway 95. This scenario is only possible if McNamara is still elder of the chapter. The NCR's truce with the Brotherhood only covers the Mojave chapter as they are still at war with the Brotherhood back west. It would be interesting to see what the other Brotherhood elders at Lost Hills think about this truce.

If a truce was not set up then the player is forced to kill the Brotherhood in the main game. Those who were outside the bunker will settle into new lives or head back west to join another chapter. If the player chooses not to activate the the bunker's self destruct sequence and kills everyone then I can see the bunker falling into NCR hands. I would expect that Veronica would eventually find out about this and it would make sense to lose her as a companion over something like this.

With truce: Seeing NCR and BoS patrolling the I-15 and 95. Possibly an eastern chapter waging war against the the Mojave chapter.

Without truce and the bunker has been cleared without destruction: NCR occupies the Bunker and disables the DERVISH system and set up tents and junk buildings and defenses topside. Inside the bunker it could be used for R&D and you could stumble upon scientists and engineers working on a .50cal minigun for the B-29 (the player wouldn't know what this is for and could see it in the firing range), Archimedes (if the player gives it to them), and special conventional and energy weapons.

Fiends

During the battle at Hoover Dam the Fiends will attempt to attack Camp McCarren. The NCR will repel the raid but losses on the NCR's side will vary depending on how many Fiend leaders were taken out during the quest Three Card Bounty. I would still expect the Fiends (even with all their leaders gone) to occupy the Outer Vegas area and Vault 3 before the player is tasked to help the NCR finish them off in order to secure important facilities in the area like the New Vegas Steel Plant, Sunset Sarsaparilla HQ and Samson Rock Crushing Plant.

If the Fiends are gone I would like to see Vault 3 turns into a suburb community in which a lot of people living there are family members of troopers serving at McCarran and NCR citizens moving east in search of opportunity (this would be a relatively rich community due to NV Steel Plant, SS HQ, and the SRCP (which could work with Sloan).

Followers of the Apocalypse

If Julie Farkas is dead then Old Mormon Fort becomes a drug den that will be needed to clear out. If the Followers are persuaded to support the NCR then they will remain at Mormon Fort otherwise they will be forced to leave New Vegas. If the Followers are gone then it would be a good idea to see the NCR struggle with refugees.

If they're kicked out they go to Wyoming and possibly join with the Great Khans.

Goodsprings

If Goodsprings was defended against the Powder Gangers then it will see more trade but some of the residents will be unable to pay their taxes for the NCR and decide to move on. If the player helped the Powder Gangers take over Goodsprings then I can't imagine the NCR will eventually take control of the town. I would recommend against changing anything in Goodsprings as it's a popular spot for modders to place their mods.

If I remember correctly is that it is heavily hinted that Doc Micheal is forced into retirement. If things are too stay the same I think a small police force (2-3 officers) move in to keep the peace and they the other way to Doc Micheal continuing to treat people even though he is technically retired. One reason is that a small gang came through town and held the police chiefs family hostage, when they stormed the place the gang was hold up in the chiefs young daughter was severely injured and would have died if it wasn't for Doc Micheal. Although I can't see him accepting money I think it would be cool if he accepted food and goods. He's a really nice guy (He saves your life, doesn't ask for anything and gives you money, weapons, and armour.) and I think it would be cool if you spun him into Dr. Baker from Little House on the Prairie. He was a friendly doctor who would treat people in exchange for food.

Cass

If the quest Heartache By the Number was completed the violent way then the NCR will face problems back west. The NCR's supply lines will struggle without support from the Crimson Caravan and Van Graffs unless the "massacre in the east" is resolved. If the quest was completed by exposing the Van Graffs and Crimson Caravan then it will allow the NCR to blackmail them and set up strict trade laws with little resistance. Also a NCR victory will result in Cass having her way with a NCR trooper when looking for the Courier (only if the player character is male). I would be happy to see Cass set up a new caravan or run a bar in Freeside if the player has chosen the NCR,House or Independence path.

I'm not sure as to what Cass would do. If she opened a bar it would be closed down due to her drinking most of the inventory, and I got the impression that she was done with caravans. Possibly a caravan guard or mercenary?

Great Khans

If Papa Khan is convinced to break his alliance with Caesar and not replaced by Regis then they will migrate to Wyoming, reconnect with the Followers of the Apocalypse and create a new settlement. If Regis replaces Papa Khan then the NCR will set their sights on the Great Khans after Hoover Dam. The surviving Khans will be relocated to a isolated, barren reservation north of NCR trade routes.

If the player does not convince the Khans to break their deal with the Legion then the NCR will go after the Khans for their alliance with Caesar. Those who survive will travel north to the wilderness of Idaho. I hope the idea for creating a new settlement in Red Rock Canyon is still on the cards.

If the Great Khans leave then I could see raiders moving into Red Rock. Many groups would be forced out of the area and Red Rock would make a decent place to hold up in.

The Misfits

If the quest Flags of Our Foul-Ups was completed with O'Harlan's or Mags advice then we see them distinguishing themselves in the Legion attack at Camp Golf. I would suggest maybe relocating them to Camp McCarren and have the option to recruit them as followers.

If Razz's advice was followed then pumped full of drugs they manage to defend Camp Golf from the Legion and earn some medals but later on they would turn into junkies and begin to target travelers in Outer Vegas to feed their fix. The NCR will eventually have them captured, court-martialed and executed.

If Poindexter's advice is followed then the Misfit's laziness catches up to them when the Legion attacks Camp Golf. Those who weren't killed in the attack attempted to flee. They end up getting caught at Mojave Outpost then court-martialed and hanged from the Ranger statue.This result is also dependent on a Legion or House victory so I can't say for sure if a NCR victory ending would overwrite this ending. It may be possible for the player to be tasked with clearing out the Legion from Camp Golf if this scenario happens.

If they do I good job I think it should be mentioned that they get sent east into Legion territory and the player could hear over the radio (if you make a custom radio that is) that a special squad of troopers has done something extraordinary and won the highest ranking medals. The problem with them becoming followers is that they are still in the army so they would be considered AWOL.

As for Camp Golf I think it would be best for the NCR military to abandon it and turn it into a resort for the rich.

Novac

The quest Come Fly With Me is tied into Nipton's fate. Regardless of wether you helped the NCR in Nelson or not we know that Nipton is attacked by the Legion during the second battle at Hoover Dam.

If Come Fly With Me was failed by killing Jason Bright then many of Novac's citizens die in the Legion attack. Without any aid from nearby communities Novac falls to the Legion. If Come Fly with me was not completed then feral ghouls will move into Novac. after the Legion attack.

If the quest was completed by sabotaging the rockets then radioactive fuel from the wrecked ships will contaminate the area which results in Novac being abandonned (not good for anyone who has a favorite house mod there). If the quest was completed by improving the rockets navigation then the Bright Followers will assist in the evacuation of Novac and help restore their defenses allowing them to be independent of the NCR. In this scenario I can imagine the player being asked to convince the citizens of Novac to join the Republic. This would be a tough sale as I'm sure that the people of Novac will accuse the NCR of failing to protect them from the Legion during Hoover Dam.

I can't see them harvenging too much hatred towards the NCR, they do have 2-3 ex NCR members guarding their town by the time the Legion attacks, and the NCR would be busy at Hoover Damn and Forlorn Hope. As for them not joining the NCR, I honestly can't think of a reason why they wouldn't. It's fairly pro-NCR (compared to most wasteland communities), has 3 ex-NCR members guarding the town (none of which hold bad grudges towards the NCR), AND it's the only stop between 188 and Mojave outpost (unless Nipton is cleaned up and populated).

Boone

Depends on how his quest I Forgot To Remember To Forget goes. If made vengeful over Bitter Springs then Boone will journey to California looking to kill the NCR officer who lead the attack on Bitter Springs and finally committing suicide himself. If Boone is made to make amends then he will rejoin his old unit 1st Recon. I would suggest relocating Boone and the rest of 1st Recon to Camp McCarren if this scenario happens. I'm sure NCR players would appreciate the option to recruit the rest of 1st Recon as followers.

For Boone I don't think he should appear, partially due to lack of voice actor. You could have a reference to him in a mission (e.g. have a CO mention something that hints at boone)

Powder Gangers NCRCF

If Eddie is not killed then the NCR will eventually take back the prison. If the player has already killed Eddie the prison becomes an area for scavengers but I'm sure that the NCR will move them along and reclaim the prison eventually.

I can't see why the NCR wouldn't reopen the NCRCF, especially if they control Hidden Valley.

Powder Gangers Vault 19

If the quest Why Can't We Be Friends was not completed or completed it by blowing up both the sulfur deposits and Vault 19 then the Vault 19 Powder Gangers will be torment the Mojave and NCR travelers for years. Other options are blowing up only the sulfur mines and convincing the Powder Gangers to turn themselves over to the NCR where they will be put back in prison with increased sentences or ask Papa Khan to let them to join the Great Khans.

If the V19 Powder Gangers are killed I could see the player informing someone that the sulfur could be mined and used for explosives. In order to tell them though I would imagine you would need a certain level of science and explosives.

NCR Rangers

If Chief Hanlon commits suicide then his plan to oppose the annexation is exposed when General Oliver is being declared a war hero. Many rangers were treated coldly on their return home and public and political support for the Rangers is quickly dwindled. If the player chooses not to expose Hanlon then both NCR troopers and rangers share glory over the victory against the Legion. Hanlon decides to step out of the spotlight, credits General Oliver for his leadership and retires to his ranch in Redding.

The only difference I see this making is less NCR rangers through out missions (If Hanlon dies).

The Remnants

Nothing much in their ending other than that they disappeared as quickly as they came. I would relocate the Remnants to their default locations and have the code to enter the bunker changed preventing the NCR from taking over their bunker. I just don't like the idea of handing the bunker over to the NCR. If NCR fans want the NCR to have the bunker then they'll have to kill the Remnants for the new passcodes. This should probably result with the player becoming hostile with Jacobstown (killing Dr Henry and ruin the Nightkin's chances of a cure being produced) and losing Arcade as a companion if he is still around.

The Remnants wouldn't know the NCR would even be able to locate the bunker, and why would they need to change the bunker codes? I can't see them caring, they aren't going to be using and, if they help the NCR, I could see them being glad their stuff is going to a faction that doesn't enslave and rape people. If you had to kill them it would be pretty evil, and wouldn't make any sense since you could probably just ask for the codes like last time.

P.S. sorry if some of this stuff doesn't make any sense, I've gone 24 hours without sleep and have to wait a few more before I can crawl into bed lol :P

Edited by sgtKraigO

Re: Brotherhood of Steel

With truce: Seeing NCR and BoS patrolling the I-15 and 95. Possibly an eastern chapter waging war against the the Mojave chapter.

Actually I predict that the Elders at Lost Hills will cut ties with the Mojave chapter just as they did with Lyon's chapter in Fallout 3 and leave the Mojave chapter to their own devices. Some of the hardliners lead by Hardin may decide to leave the Mojave chapter to either become the Mojave version of the Outcasts or join a more hardline Brotherhood chapter elsewhere.

Re: Cass

I'm not sure as to what Cass would do. If she opened a bar it would be closed down due to her drinking most of the inventory, and I got the impression that she was done with caravans. Possibly a caravan guard or mercenary?

When buying out Cass' old caravan the player has the option of telling Cass that she is free to start up a new caravan under a new name when the Crimson Caravan Company change the names of Cass' old caravan. What the Crimson Caravan got from Cass were her old customers. I can't see Cass becoming a lowly caravan guard when she used to own her own caravan. You've got a point with Cass running a bar. I don't think she could do it on her own without drinking away the stock.

Re: Misfits

If they do I good job I think it should be mentioned that they get sent east into Legion territory and the player could hear over the radio (if you make a custom radio that is) that a special squad of troopers has done something extraordinary and won the highest ranking medals. The problem with them becoming followers is that they are still in the army so they would be considered AWOL.

As for Camp Golf I think it would be best for the NCR military to abandon it and turn it into a resort for the rich.

I don't see any problems with the Misfits becoming followers if the player character is considered a hero by the NCR. I would leave Camp Golf as it is better served as a military base rather than a resort for the rich. Just because the Legion is defeated at Hoover Dam does not mean that the NCR should start closing their bases in the Mojave.

Re: Novac

I can't see them harvenging too much hatred towards the NCR, they do have 2-3 ex NCR members guarding their town by the time the Legion attacks, and the NCR would be busy at Hoover Damn and Forlorn Hope. As for them not joining the NCR, I honestly can't think of a reason why they wouldn't. It's fairly pro-NCR (compared to most wasteland communities), has 3 ex-NCR members guarding the town (none of which hold bad grudges towards the NCR), AND it's the only stop between 188 and Mojave outpost (unless Nipton is cleaned up and populated).

I think the citizens of Novac are well within their rights to be pissed off with the NCR. Despite helping the NCR at Nelson which is next to Novac we don't see the NCR reclaim Nelson (still occupied by Legion dogs) or replace the Rangers that were killed at the ranger station nearby. This is another indication of the NCR's incompetence. Obviously the NCR are more interested in securing Hoover Dam than they are with protecting the settlements. It would not be unreasonable to assume that the citizens of Novac feel that the NCR has failed them and are understandably unwilling to join them.

Re: Boone

For Boone I don't think he should appear, partially due to lack of voice actor. You could have a reference to him in a mission (e.g. have a CO mention something that hints at boone)

Some players may decide that they may want to keep the vanilla companions and I think it would be a mistake to remove them altogether unless certain endings or events occur. In regards to not finding a voice actor for Boone I would recommend you check out the Ulysess companion mod http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/48600/? which is fully voiced, no awkward silences – everything has been spliced together from Ulysses’ existing dialogue. If certain voiced dialogue can't be spliced together then I'm sure some work around can be done like some kind of correspondence (letters or terminal messages) between the Courier and vanilla companion.

Re: The Remnants

The Remnants wouldn't know the NCR would even be able to locate the bunker, and why would they need to change the bunker codes? I can't see them caring, they aren't going to be using and, if they help the NCR, I could see them being glad their stuff is going to a faction that doesn't enslave and rape people. If you had to kill them it would be pretty evil, and wouldn't make any sense since you could probably just ask for the codes like last time.

I don't really like the idea of handing over the Remnants bunker to the NCR. The Remnants deciding to help out the NCR against the Legion is one thing but handing over their vertibird, power armor and bunker to the NCR. No, I don't think they would. Considering the fact that a complete stranger has the password to gain access into their bunker the Remnants would have to be idiots if they didn't change the password afterwards. Old timers like them don't live to their age by being idiots.

It's also worth noting that Arcade gets arrested by the NCR for his affiliation with the Enclave. As soon as the NCR find about the Remnants involvement at Hoover Dam I somehow doubt that the NCR are going to invite them over for tea and biscuits.

I'll comment on that tomorrow but I'll just say this. I think the NCR and maybe house mods should take place 1-2 years after the second battle. At the end of the game it says the Courier walks off into the wastes (although personally I would open the Lucky 38 and a bunch of other stuff that could bring in a lot of money) so maybe they come back after a certain amount of time and there could be a few things have changed.

IDEA -

For all of the post-game mods being worked on, the Courier is knocked out post-battle by... something (maybe gets shot in the head again by a lucky Legionary? I feel like it'd be good fun to have it that way) and wakes up a couple of years later. That way, we can change more without having to implement a scripted timescale system (which would inevitably be hell to debug).

I'll comment on that tomorrow but I'll just say this. I think the NCR and maybe house mods should take place 1-2 years after the second battle. At the end of the game it says the Courier walks off into the wastes (although personally I would open the Lucky 38 and a bunch of other stuff that could bring in a lot of money) so maybe they come back after a certain amount of time and there could be a few things have changed.

I wouldn't worry too much about that line at the end of the game. For most players the Courier walks into the wasteland every single day and comes back to a nice home. If we look too much into game endings for the Courier then we could also easily say that he/she will live the rest of his/her life in Big MT despite the fact that he/she has a device that can teleport him/her between the Mojave and Big MT. The whole walking into the sunset line is nothing more than an overused cliche.

I wouldn't bother with a time skip after the 2nd battle at Hoover Dam. During the battle at Hoover Dam there are multiple incidents happening all over the Mojave when listening to the NCR Emergency Broadcast. I posted the link as it relates to all supported factions in the game. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/NCR_Emergency_Radio_%28Broadcast%29 .

If the Nero and Big Sal were not stopped then the Omertas will stage a coup on the Strip and blow up the NCR Embassy. Camp McCarren will be attacked by the Fiends. The Legion will attack Camp Forlorn Hope and Camp Golf and depending on how their related quests were handled the NCR will hold against the Legion or fall to them. The Monorail is bombed if the quest I Put On You was completed in the Legion's favor or not completed. Riots will break out in Freeside if the player does not support the NCR and if no truce was made between the Kings and NCR.

Winning Hoover Dam is the only the first part of the conflict. I think it would be a good idea to start Viva New Vegas with the player assisting their chosen faction (NCR, Securitrons or Legion) in the other battle grounds, clearing the Legion from Nipton, clearing the Fiends from McCarren and dealing with the riots. Only after this is done can the player character invite his/her companions (modded and vanilla) back to the Lucky 38 for a victory party.

Winning Hoover Dam is the only the first part of the conflict. I think it would be a good idea to start Viva New Vegas with the player assisting their chosen faction (NCR, Securitrons or Legion) in the other battle grounds, clearing the Legion from Nipton, clearing the Fiends from McCarren and dealing with the riots. Only after this is done can the player character invite his/her companions (modded and vanilla) back to the Lucky 38 for a victory party.

I could see the Fiends, with no leaders, occupying the motel that's next to McCarran and shooting at anyone who exits the gates, with 1-2 leaders they will also attack Westside, and with 3-4 leaders they will attack both with larger numbers. The player should be sent to Westside first where they meet up with some troopers and aid in killing the Fiends there, then sent to McCarran to. This would make it more plausible to take annex Westside.

The Strip should be dealt with next. The Omertas will be held up in their casino. The player is tasked with storming it with troops, and can possibly capture Cachino and a few thugs. Afterwards the player is offered the Casino and they can choose to accept it or hand it over to the NCR (for an Ind ending I'm not sure who else could.

The player will then be sent to deal with the riots in Freeside, then the captured military bases, then Nipton.

Then the player can have a party in the Penthouse with their companions, maybe some high ranking NCR officials (possibly the vice president as this would allow you to introduce them to the player for the lower the corruption within the NCR quest), and possibly anyone else who is well known, rich and could have a quest later on.

Edit: The player could also ask the people at the party to donate some money to the Followers.

Edited by sgtKraigO