NCR new vegas

devinpatterson

Re: Brotherhood of Steel

With truce: Seeing NCR and BoS patrolling the I-15 and 95. Possibly an eastern chapter waging war against the the Mojave chapter.

Actually I predict that the Elders at Lost Hills will cut ties with the Mojave chapter just as they did with Lyon's chapter in Fallout 3 and leave the Mojave chapter to their own devices. Some of the hardliners lead by Hardin may decide to leave the Mojave chapter to either become the Mojave version of the Outcasts or join a more hardline Brotherhood chapter elsewhere.

What if the Lost Hills elders sent an envoy to Hidden Valley in order to try and break the deal with the NCR and follow the BoS beliefs. If they fail there could be an assassin mixed in with the envoy whose job is to kill the Elder.

When buying out Cass' old caravan the player has the option of telling Cass that she is free to start up a new caravan under a new name when the Crimson Caravan Company change the names of Cass' old caravan. What the Crimson Caravan got from Cass were her old customers. I can't see Cass becoming a lowly caravan guard when she used to own her own caravan. You've got a point with Cass running a bar. I don't think she could do it on her own without drinking away the stock.

Although I still have a difficult time seeing her starting up another caravan company it is more likely compared to any others. Maybe she becomes successful after the CC and VG's are caught and she is able to set up small branches throughout the NCR.

I don't see any problems with the Misfits becoming followers if the player character is considered a hero by the NCR. I would leave Camp Golf as it is better served as a military base rather than a resort for the rich. Just because the Legion is defeated at Hoover Dam does not mean that the NCR should start closing their bases in the Mojave.

Even if the player is an NCR hero it wouldn't make sense, to me that is, that they would be allowed to walk up to troopers at any time and say "Lets go on an adventure!". That would just cause a problem if their CO had tasks for them.

As for Camp Golf, yes the Legion is still a threat but the battle lines have been drastically shifted. Before the 2nd battle Camp Golfs role was for training troops, Camp McCarran could easily take this role (There's a large area that troops can train in derrectly south of the El Rey Motel.). There's the possibility of 4 more military bases, them being Hidden Valley, Nellis AFB, Camp Calville (An idea I had that would give the NCR a small navy), and Camp Cottonwood (same with Camp Caville). The later two bases wouldn't have nearly as many men in them compared to Hidden Valley or Nellis AFB. I just don't see Camp Golf being needed anymore and it would probably end up draining resources, but I would hate to see it be completely abandoned.

I think the citizens of Novac are well within their rights to be pissed off with the NCR. Despite helping the NCR at Nelson which is next to Novac we don't see the NCR reclaim Nelson (still occupied by Legion dogs) or replace the Rangers that were killed at the ranger station nearby. This is another indication of the NCR's incompetence. Obviously the NCR are more interested in securing Hoover Dam than they are with protecting the settlements. It would not be unreasonable to assume that the citizens of Novac feel that the NCR has failed them and are understandably unwilling to join them.

They didn't have the troops to retake Nelson until after the Courier arrives, and they didn't have enough rangers to replace the ones the Echo. Novac was never apart of the NCR but they did cut off the fastest way to get to Novac from Nelson, but with more important matters at hand they couldn't spare the resources to send men to protect a town that is not a part of the NCR. All of this is known (it's even broadcasted on the radio) so I can't see Novac thinking the NCR is choosing to leave them unprotected.

As for Novac's feelings towards the NCR we do know that they have at least 2 retired vets who are still pro-NCR, Cliff Briscoe and the McBrides who would see an increase in trade if the town joined, Bruce Issac may be in favour if it means he would be more protected, and Daisy Whitman who (depending on her ending) wouldn't be against NCR annexing the town. The only people who may be in favour of independence would be Dr. Straus as she may not be allowed to "practice" medicine, and possibly Jeannie May Crawford but she could also be in favour of the NCR as they would bring in more trade.

Now that I've actually written it out and see who may or may not be in favour I think it would close. Maybe depending on the players reputation in the town would allow the player to choose. Maybe upon entering the town a Novac settler confronts the player and asks if they could help them join the NCR, after a while someone in town tells the player that some people wish to stay independent but at the moment the town is split 50/50.

Some players may decide that they may want to keep the vanilla companions and I think it would be a mistake to remove them altogether unless certain endings or events occur. In regards to not finding a voice actor for Boone I would recommend you check out the Ulysess companion mod http://www.nexusmods...as/mods/48600/? which is fully voiced, no awkward silences – everything has been spliced together from Ulysses’ existing dialogue. If certain voiced dialogue can't be spliced together then I'm sure some work around can be done like some kind of correspondence (letters or terminal messages) between the Courier and vanilla companion.

That's pretty cool, if it can be done for the other companions then I'm for them staying. One problem I could see arising is that Ulysses is pretty monotone when he specks, other companions are not so it may sound odd.

I don't really like the idea of handing over the Remnants bunker to the NCR. The Remnants deciding to help out the NCR against the Legion is one thing but handing over their vertibird, power armor and bunker to the NCR. No, I don't think they would. Considering the fact that a complete stranger has the password to gain access into their bunker the Remnants would have to be idiots if they didn't change the password afterwards. Old timers like them don't live to their age by being idiots.

It's also worth noting that Arcade gets arrested by the NCR for his affiliation with the Enclave. As soon as the NCR find about the Remnants involvement at Hoover Dam I somehow doubt that the NCR are going to invite them over for tea and biscuits.

I'm not saying the NCR asks the Remnants, but instead the player informs the CO at Nellis that they found an old bunker near Jacobstown and managed to hack the computer, once inside the bunker they realized it's an old enclave refueling station with is some enclave power armour, a vertibird that appears to be in working order.

The Remnants wouldn't know about it until after it has been taken over. The player could be confronted by one of them and asked if they had any part of it and they player could say yes they felt the equipment would be wasted just sitting in the bunker never being used (the remnants would end up hating or even attacking the player if they don't have a high enough speech), or with a high enough speech they could lie about it (loss of karma but the remnants believe them).

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't have the troops to retake Nelson until after the Courier arrives, and they didn't have enough rangers to replace the ones the Echo. Novac was never apart of the NCR but they did cut off the fastest way to get to Novac from Nelson, but with more important matters at hand they couldn't spare the resources to send men to protect a town that is not a part of the NCR. All of this is known (it's even broadcasted on the radio) so I can't see Novac thinking the NCR is choosing to leave them unprotected.

When approaching Nelson for the first time the player is greeted by Ranger Milo and a bunch of NCR troops who begs for your help because he cannot even order the troops to move in. So your argument that NCR didn't have the troops to retake Nelson doesn't hold up and I also find it hard to believe that the NCR did not have enough rangers around to replace the ones killed at the nearby Ranger station. We hear reports of more rangers moving into the area from NCR citizens later on in the game.

I can tell that you are a fan of the NCR and prefer following the NCR path, which is cool and all but I think that you may have a rose tinted view of the NCR. Even if the citizens had no problem with the NCR at the beginning, their feelings may change considering that they lost a lot of people against the Legion. If Novac survives with the Bright Brotherhood's help then the ending will state that Novac will remain independent of the NCR. Why should Novac give up their independence for a republic that failed to protect them?

I'm not saying the NCR asks the Remnants, but instead the player informs the CO at Nellis that they found an old bunker near Jacobstown and managed to hack the computer, once inside the bunker they realized it's an old enclave refueling station with is some enclave power armour, a vertibird that appears to be in working order.

The Remnants wouldn't know about it until after it has been taken over. The player could be confronted by one of them and asked if they had any part of it and they player could say yes they felt the equipment would be wasted just sitting in the bunker never being used (the remnants would end up hating or even attacking the player if they don't have a high enough speech), or with a high enough speech they could lie about it (loss of karma but the remnants believe them).

If the player hands over the Remnants bunker over to the NCR then I would consider that a dishonorable thing to do considering that they helped you against the Legion at Hoover Dam. Chances are that the Remnants would get back to the bunker long before the Courier gets there and would have time to change the password. I also suspect that the security system in the bunker is a lot more secure than the usual terminals that can be hacked in the game. The Remnants would be complete idiots if they believed that the player did not turn over the bunker to the NCR considering that you are the only person other than Arcade who knows about the bunker.

When approaching Nelson for the first time the player is greeted by Ranger Milo and a bunch of NCR troops who begs for your help because he cannot even order the troops to move in. So your argument that NCR didn't have the troops to retake Nelson doesn't hold up and I also find it hard to believe that the NCR did not have enough rangers around to replace the ones killed at the nearby Ranger station. We hear reports of more rangers moving into the area from NCR citizens later on in the game.

I can tell that you are a fan of the NCR and prefer following the NCR path, which is cool and all but I think that you may have a rose tinted view of the NCR. Even if the citizens had no problem with the NCR at the beginning, their feelings may change considering that they lost a lot of people against the Legion. If Novac survives with the Bright Brotherhood's help then the ending will state that Novac will remain independent of the NCR. Why should Novac give up their independence for a republic that failed to protect them?

Forlorn Hope was in dire need of help and didn't have enough troops or supplies to take Nelson. It's unknown why or who stationed the troops stationed between Nelson and Novac but it's my guess that they're from Forlorn hope and that they didn't put a lot of thought into the ranger being there. If he can't order them to do anything and they can't order him to do anything it makes little sense to be there.

Sure the Bright Brotherhood helps out Novac but I'm looking at it from an NCR perspective. Why would they want it and how would it benefit them in controlling it? It would aid in securing a trade route and bring in more tax and trade revenue. How will they achieve this? Peacefully by swaying the support of the local population into thinking the NCR can better protect them (Which they can now that the Legion lost the 2nd battle). They would rely on the pro-NCR locals into aiding them in annexing the town. It can be an option to have the town stay independent but to me looking at it from an NCR perspective it makes little sense to not to attempt to bring them into the republic.

The reason the NCR failed to protect them was due to them not being a part of the NCR and the number of conflicts going on at the same time across the Mojave. If Novac was a part of the NCR there would have been troops stationed there, if there was troops stationed there the town would have survived.

If the player hands over the Remnants bunker over to the NCR then I would consider that a dishonorable thing to do considering that they helped you against the Legion at Hoover Dam. Chances are that the Remnants would get back to the bunker long before the Courier gets there and would have time to change the password. I also suspect that the security system in the bunker is a lot more secure than the usual terminals that can be hacked in the game. The Remnants would be complete idiots if they believed that the player did not turn over the bunker to the NCR considering that you are the only person other than Arcade who knows about the bunker.

The player doesn't have to be honorable. I agree it's dishonorable, but vertibirds are a finite resource in the wasteland, on just sitting around doing absolutely nothing except collecting dust would be a huge waste. I don't see why the Remnants would change the password as they trust the courier and Arcade. As for the whole speech check thing with the Remnants I was just brain storming, I would like to see both parties walking away but it should only happen if successful, if the player failed then they should be forced to kill the Remnants or which ever one they're talking to.

I like that idea, with relation to the Remnants and their Vertibird.

Although it should be a really hefty quest with a big reward, and should require a speech check of around 90. Given that a battle against all of the Remnants would be extraordinarily difficult, as they all have companion-level health and top-level armour and gear, it should be a high-end quest.

I like that idea, with relation to the Remnants and their Vertibird.

Although it should be a really hefty quest with a big reward, and should require a speech check of around 90. Given that a battle against all of the Remnants would be extraordinarily difficult, as they all have companion-level health and top-level armour and gear, it should be a high-end quest.

What I had in mind was only fighting 1-2 and if you ran into the others afterwards they would be angry at you and wouldn't talk to you. But it would make more sense for all of them (excluding Arcade depending on his ending) would confront you. I'm not sure about their armour though since they wouldn't have access to it as the NCR would have taken over the bunker before they confront you.

I imagined them simply keeping their armour on them at all times. Aside from the various Shocktrooper Armour variants from the East Coast, their Enclave APA is the most advanced armour in America, and gives whoever owns it an enormous battlefield advantage (look at the effect they have at Hoover Dam, for starters). I doubt they'd conceivably leave it where anyone else could claim it, for fear of what they'd do with it.

I imagined them simply keeping their armour on them at all times. Aside from the various Shocktrooper Armour variants from the East Coast, their Enclave APA is the most advanced armour in America, and gives whoever owns it an enormous battlefield advantage (look at the effect they have at Hoover Dam, for starters). I doubt they'd conceivably leave it where anyone else could claim it, for fear of what they'd do with it.

Yes but before they never kept them with them, the armour was always at the bunker. Afterwards I don't think much would change. Besides if they kept the armour with them they might as well hold up a sign saying "Enclave member!"

True...

Question is, how'd the NCR get into the bunker? Unless the Courier gave them the code...

I was thinking the courier just gave them the password

Edited by sgtKraigO