How to detect vampire/werewolf via script

gulogulo

Ah, sorry, I should have read more carefully. I don't know if detecting whether an NPC is a werewolf is possible. I don't think so: the transformations I've seen in the game have all been completely scripted.

Then I will do without it. Thanks.

Gulogulo - What if you hooked into the special actors that can become werewolves and account for them uniquely at the top of your smell script, or put them in a forms list. Of course it's a hack job so it wouldn't work real well for custom content, but.... just a thought.

Edit: I'm not aware of any other NPCs that actually do shape shift into werewolves except the companions and the one quest NPC for Hircine. Just add them to a forms list. Look at the CompanionsLeaders forms list for a list of the companion leaders that are werewolves.

Edited by MofoMojo

Ah, sorry, I should have read more carefully. I don't know if detecting whether an NPC is a werewolf is possible. I don't think so: the transformations I've seen in the game have all been completely scripted.

Gulogulo - What if you hooked into the special actors that can become werewolves and account for them uniquely at the top of your smell script, or put them in a forms list. Of course it's a hack job so it wouldn't work real well for custom content, but.... just a thought.

Edit: I'm not aware of any other NPCs that actually do shape shift into werewolves except the companions and the one quest NPC for Hircine. Just add them to a forms list. Look at the CompanionsLeaders forms list for a list of the companion leaders that are werewolves.

Thanks fot the tip. I will consider it but as you have mentioned it will not work for custom content.

As a side note I think I have figured out how to make a decent evasion ability. You know the one that slows time when something is attacking you. I will implement it in the next version of my mod so that it will automatically trigger adrenaline surge when something is attacking me. It works quiet well now. For example if I attack Faendal in Riverwood the slow motion triggers when an arrow is fired in my general direction by Faendal so I have a smal time window to react and escape it. Thats for ranged attacks. For melee attacks I implement the old cloak method and I simply check whether the target is closer to me than say 300 units. I will test it futher to see how it works in other combat situations.

Thanks fot the tip. I will consider it but as you have mentioned it will not work for custom content.

As a side note I think I have figured out how to make a decent evasion ability. You know the one that slows time when something is attacking you. I will implement it in the next version of my mod so that it will automatically trigger adrenaline surge when something is attacking me. It works quiet well now. For example if I attack Faendal in Riverwood the slow motion triggers when an arrow is fired in my general direction by Faendal so I have a smal time window to react and escape it. Thats for ranged attacks. For melee attacks I implement the old cloak method and I simply check whether the target is closer to me than say 300 units. I will test it futher to see how it works in other combat situations.

That sounds great! What did you do for the ranged attack?

That sounds great! What did you do for the ranged attack?

I cast a spell on any potential attacker via cloak method and in the spell I did this:

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)

RegisterForAnimationEvent(akCaster, "BashStart")

RegisterForAnimationEvent(akCaster, "BowRelease")

RegisterForAnimationEvent(akCaster, "WeaponLeftSwing")

RegisterForAnimationEvent(akCaster, "WeaponSwing")

Debug.Trace("Registering for animation event!")

EndEvent

Event OnAnimationEvent(ObjectReference akSource, string asEventName)

if Utility.RandomInt(1, 100) <= SixthSenseChance.GetValue()

if Game.GetPlayer().HasMagicEffect(AdrenalineFatigueDamageEffect) == 0 && SixthSenseOn.GetValue() == 2

AdrenalineSurge.Cast(Game.GetPlayer())

SixthSenseOn.SetValue(SixthSenseAdrenalineInterval.GetValue())

endif

endif

endEvent

Im considering casting a spell in OnAnimation event where the above conditions will be checked in condtion functions and then the adrenaline surge will be cast. What do you think?