ArchiveInvalidation Problem

The Archive Invalidation program is somehow messing up the 10mm pistol mesh when I activate it. I had downloaded a mod that replaced the 10mm pistol mesh and texture, and now it's stuck like that whenever I activate the ArchiveInvalidation Tool. But it goes back to normal when I deactivate it. Any ideas on how this could have happened?

BamaThunder316 - Hello!

Archive invalidation should not cause that kind of trouble.

It does seem likely that it's some remnant of the 10mm mod you were using that's causing the problem.

Check your:

Fallout 3\Data\Meshes\Weapons\1handpistol

If there's a:

10mmpistol.nif

Remove it & see if your 10mm pistol goes back to normal.

Also check your:

Fallout 3\Data\textures\weapons\1handpistol\

If there's:

10mmPistol.dds

10mmPistol_N.dds

Remove them.

Also make sure there wasn't an .esp that went with the 10mm mod that is still ticked in your Data files.

Also if you installed the 10mm mod manually & are not sure you've now removed everything, look at the files in the original download zip. That way you can see exactly what was installed so you can remove it.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks a lot. I removed the 10mm.nif file, AND the 10mmpistol.dds/N.dds file and I wanted to see if it worked, so I added Col. Autumn's 10mm pistol to my inventory via the console cheats to see if it worked, and the pistol was back to normal. Thank you very much for your help.