Working crash "fix", even when other fixes fail

Osuirof

The other day I noticed that having companions increased crashes. Then, other other day, Fallout kept crashing when I encountered Albino (I hate those frellers) in some tunnel :blink:, until I used

tai

and

disable

, so it got me thinking.

Yesterday, I got crash, after crash, in a heavy populated area, every time I shot mutties. Good ol': "fix by killing yourself", and other fixes, didn't work. So I remembered the

tai

command, a miracle - killed all of them (10+), with no crash.

Of course there's a "small" problem with using

tai

, but npc's\creatures didn't seem to use that intelligence anyway ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I found another handy console command:

tscr

It's even more "problematic" than

tai

, but it was the only thing that let me finished: "Take it Back!" (CTD, after CTD, with a CTD).

The "funny" thing is, that my second stab at FO 3, I got 0, literally zero crashes, freezes, what ever, during that "stroll" down the bridge. Yeah, I know I shocked my own self.

Oh well, now I'm playing on Very Hard, so maybe it's because of that ;)

So if you got an place\moment when you got frequent CTD use

tai

and

tscr

, let the game do its thing (at least as much as it can with scripting, and AI disabled), move a little from there, and use those commands again. Works like a charm.

You have another underlying problem. It could be an equipment problem, install problem or mod conflict. I and many others have played hundreds of hours without haveing to use the commands that you posted. You should do some research to correct the main problem you are having with the game so that you can run the game with having to resort to those consol commands.

You have another underlying problem.

I know. But its me, and a lot of other people - FO3 isn't really modding friendly, especially heavy scripting mods, that need FOSE, are a no-no.

It could be an equipment problem...

Don't think so.

And if you mean hardware, then nope - latest drivers, no overheating, more "power" than FO 3 needs, etc.

...install problem...

Nope, did a clean install, and clean save, and the other "100 and one steps".

...or mod conflict.

Don't think so. I've tried various load orders, and even manually "clean" some of them.

I and many others have played hundreds of hours without haveing to use the commands that you posted.

1. On PC, with around 30 mods, some with heavy scripting ?

2. Like I said, my second play, was really nice, and almost CTD-less. Unfortunately, only to a point.

You should do some research...

Already did, my finds are in the second line.

...to correct the main problem you are having with the game so that you can run the game with having to resort to those consol commands.

It's not "my" problem, its FO 3.

And since I finished: "Take it Back!", things seem to be back to "normal".