M1/M2 clicking issue

Digdug83

I can't seem to find any other related threads so here goes. For some reason I still can't figure out, every so often (usually no more than 5 seconds at a time) my mouse decides to not respond when I use M1 or M2 (left or right click). The other mouse buttons work fine (M3-5) as well as my keyboard commands. The cursor itself works fine so I'm at a loss. I can't figure out what causes it for certain either which is odd. I'm not sure if this is a patch issue or not but I've used this mouse or one just like it (same model) since I've owned the game and I've not had any issues in other programs. Any thoughts?

Well, personally this happens to me when my wireless mouse's battery is dying or the path to the receiver is blocked. Most gamers, I know, shun wireless mice for this exact reason, but the wires bug me...

So assuming that your mouse is not wireless, it is possible, if you've had it a while, that it is just wearing out. (or the wires have become a bit damaged) But also, you might try to see if any driver updates exist for it. I have a mouse that had the old logitech setpoint software, and I read somewhere that actually slows them down, so I disabled it and did notice a difference.

You can also see if disabling your mouse acceleration works for you. Go into your pref.ini file scroll down to [controls] and set

bMouseAcceleration=0

Before doing that, though, make a copy to the who ini and put it in another folder your desktop so you can revert back if you ever need to.

Hope something here helps!

Does your Firewall and Antivirus interrupt it perhaps? Have you turned off UAC? What animation mods do you use?

No, no and yes. At any rate all of the above have remain unchanged since long before I installed Skyrim heh.

Well, personally this happens to me when my wireless mouse's battery is dying or the path to the receiver is blocked. Most gamers, I know, shun wireless mice for this exact reason, but the wires bug me...

So assuming that your mouse is not wireless, it is possible, if you've had it a while, that it is just wearing out. (or the wires have become a bit damaged) But also, you might try to see if any driver updates exist for it. I have a mouse that had the old logitech setpoint software, and I read somewhere that actually slows them down, so I disabled it and did notice a difference.

You can also see if disabling your mouse acceleration works for you. Go into your pref.ini file scroll down to [controls] and set

bMouseAcceleration=0

Before doing that, though, make a copy to the who ini and put it in another folder your desktop so you can revert back if you ever need to.

Hope something here helps!

Yeah, wireless mice are evile. This is the second version of the same mouse I had for years so it's definitely not old/wearing out. I'll try the .ini edit and cross my fingers. Thanks for the help.