Loading Fallout 4 in Vortex or Steam game crashes

bcrankshaw

Hi All :smile:

I am using Vortex and have loaded many Mods for Fallout 4, the game crashes basically straight away when I run it and it ran fine before I loaded all my Mods

How do I troubleshoot this as I believe a certain Mod is causing the issue and I dont want to lose all my Mods

ea

I am using Vortex and have loaded many Mods for Fallout 4, the game crashes basically straight away when I run it and it ran fine before I loaded all my Mods

How do I troubleshoot this as I believe a certain Mod is causing the issue and I dont want to lose all my Mods

easiest way I found is look in Vortex what mods conflict with each other
Then set the proper load sequence for them
or disable certain mods so no conflict

I run 64 mods myself and had to prioritize about 10 of those mods (and disable 3 of the mods out right)

ea

I run 64 mods myself and had to prioritize about 10 of those mods (and disable 3 of the mods out right)

Thanks for the response, I have no Mod conflicts according to Vortex but how do I " set the proper load sequence "

ea

Thanks for the response, I have no Mod conflicts according to Vortex but how do I " set the proper load sequence "

I do not know what he meant with "set the proper load sequence" but here is my suggestion :

- Have Auto-Sort Enabled in the PLUGIN section. When you turn Auto-Sort to ON, you are practically ADDING LOOT to Vortex. The Auto-Sort function turned to ON will sort your plugins load order accordingly so you do not have to use LOOT anymore and in regards to this function, simply trust it 100%.

- Resolve you mods conflicts in the MOD section. Make sure that you do not have any red bolt visible and that all of them are green.

- Have your game Activated. Go to Games and Activate the game that you want to play. However, once your game has been Activated, you DO NOT HAVE to have Vortex opened / logged in to be able to play your game. If you installed the Script Extender ( FO4SE or SKSE ), then launch your game via the SE, either from the icon in your desktop or from the icon added to Vortex.

If after doing everything said above your game still crashes as soon as your launch it, then I do not know what else can you do to fix this problem. This is very silly to suggest but make sure that you are logged to Steam as well.

ea

I do not know what he meant with "set the proper load sequence" but here is my suggestion :

- Have Auto-Sort Enabled in the PLUGIN section. When you turn Auto-Sort to ON, you are practically ADDING LOOT to Vortex. The Auto-Sort function turned to ON will sort your plugins load order accordingly so you do not have to use LOOT anymore and in regards to this function, simply trust it 100%.

- Resolve you mods conflicts in the MOD section. Make sure that you do not have any red bolt visible and that all of them are green.

- Have your game Activated. Go to Games and Activate the game that you want to play. However, once your game has been Activated, you DO NOT HAVE to have Vortex opened / logged in to be able to play your game. If you installed the Script Extender ( FO4SE or SKSE ), then launch your game via the SE, either from the icon in your desktop or from the icon added to Vortex.

If after doing everything said above your game still crashes as soon as your launch it, then I do not know what else can you do to fix this problem. This is very silly to suggest but make sure that you are logged to Steam as well.

Right problem solved, after Purging Mods I went back through the Mods and disabled them in groups so I could pinpoint which one was problematic

I was able to find the culprit, thanks for the help :)