[SOLUTION] Consistent Interior CTD or Zone Structural Failure possible

kevinno

A few days back I posted this Technical support request explaining the following issues.

1. Opening a door/entrance to a specific zone will consistently (100%) give you a CTD (crash to desktop). Even using coc command will still give the CTD.

2. Getting inconsistent CTD's (one's that you cannot reproduce even if you tried) seemingly randomly, especially while in the exterior world (outside of a house/city/zone).

3. Going into a zone/cave/house and once loading completes, the zone around you has about 1/4 of the textures. Beds, chests, objects are still stationary but the floor beneath you (for the most part) is gone and replaced with a pale blue color background, as if someone literally erasered off your zone like swiss cheese. See Image to explain further.

If you are having any of those issues, the following information may be extremely useful to you.

Modifications that ADD areas to the game universe are at a much higher tendency to cause problems to other areas of the game world, even areas that it is NO RELATION WITH.

That means, if you install a mod that adds some kind of city underground or player house somewhere. That can actually end up messing with a cave half across Skyrim that has no correlation to that mod.

In my case, I found the culprit to be non other than Amethyst Hallows Dreamworld. You can find a depiction of this mod

. I have a feeling it has conflictions with a LOT of mods. I read through the description, readme, and comments like a 13 year old reading a Twilight novel. Many others are suspecting this being the culprit of their problems as well.

Moonthpath to Elswyer is also a mod I am suspecting can cause problems.

If anything, take this as a warning when you install custom zones/areas.

A few days back I posted this Technical support request explaining the following issues.

1. Opening a door/entrance to a specific zone will consistently (100%) give you a CTD (crash to desktop). Even using coc command will still give the CTD.

2. Getting inconsistent CTD's (one's that you cannot reproduce even if you tried) seemingly randomly, especially while in the exterior world (outside of a house/city/zone).

3. Going into a zone/cave/house and once loading completes, the zone around you has about 1/4 of the textures. Beds, chests, objects are still stationary but the floor beneath you (for the most part) is gone and replaced with a pale blue color background, as if someone literally erasered off your zone like swiss cheese. See Image to explain further.

If you are having any of those issues, the following information may be extremely useful to you.

Modifications that ADD areas to the game universe are at a much higher tendency to cause problems to other areas of the game world, even areas that it is NO RELATION WITH.

That means, if you install a mod that adds some kind of city underground or player house somewhere. That can actually end up messing with a cave half across Skyrim that has no correlation to that mod.

In my case, I found the culprit to be non other than Amethyst Hallows Dreamworld. You can find a depiction of this mod

. I have a feeling it has conflictions with a LOT of mods. I read through the description, readme, and comments like a 13 year old reading a Twilight novel. Many others are suspecting this being the culprit of their problems as well.

Thanks :) I'll keep it in mind. Skyrim for me has probably been the worst PC game I have ever installed for when it comes to crashes, stops, problems and so on - sometimes it feels like I am spending more time trying to fix things rather than just playing the damn thing.

As a matter of interest, when you say any mod that adds stuff to the world, are we talking about simple modifications to how buildings look? Say if someone changes a buildings bricks to a different colour, or are we talking mods which add in buildings and structures? And if so how large do they have to be to cause problems in your opinion? Can it be anything from say, a small tavern to a massive castle? Or can it be something as simple as a market stall?

Sorry if these questions are a bit stupid/miss the point, but I'm not very good when it comes to this kind of thing.

Thanks.

Thanks :) I'll keep it in mind. Skyrim for me has probably been the worst PC game I have ever installed for when it comes to crashes, stops, problems and so on - sometimes it feels like I am spending more time trying to fix things rather than just playing the damn thing.

As a matter of interest, when you say any mod that adds stuff to the world, are we talking about simple modifications to how buildings look? Say if someone changes a buildings bricks to a different colour, or are we talking mods which add in buildings and structures? And if so how large do they have to be to cause problems in your opinion? Can it be anything from say, a small tavern to a massive castle? Or can it be something as simple as a market stall?

Sorry if these questions are a bit stupid/miss the point, but I'm not very good when it comes to this kind of thing.

Thanks.

I feel the same way sometimes about Skyrim >_>

The game will have problems based on the scale of the mod. Adding a zone is EXTREMELY dangerous to the integrity of Skyrim while a player-home can be less severe. Take a mod like Grey Lodge. Not only is it in the Skyrim universe (which is a plus, makes it safer) but it is simply not that large. However, a place like the dreamworld adds a whole ZONE to the game. Keep in mind the gravity of mods you download, and that will guide you to how dangerous it could be to the integrity of the game. Mods that add weapons or armor are nearly harmless, but mods that add large scale wars or factions can potentially not be. Always download mods with the Nexus Mod Manager, or if not, write them down in a Notepad so you remember what you have installed.