thieves guild and dark brotherhood quests

sinnerman69

I started a new game a couple of days ago and went straight to riften to start the thieves guild quests, I like the nightingale armor and finished the thieves guild and became the leader and then I was curious about the dark brotherhood quests and did them next!..

Those dark brotherhood quests where very hard especially the recipe for disaster quest and hiding the body in a barrel, that took over a hour to do and figure out in order to meet all quest bonuses!..

Owe on another forum a guy told me you can fallow the chief to the river and kill him there and dump his body in the river, but I couldn't find any youtube videos on that one!..

Is it best to leave the dark brotherhood quests for last? I don't mind doing the thieves guild first for that awesome nightingale armor

funny thing

Owe for one of the dark brotherhood quests, I followed this imperial guard from the dragon bridge and had his traveling schedule for where he'd be going and staying but never looked at it and I followed the imperial guard around in the game for several hours waiting for him to enter a town or city to kill him and plant the evidence, but following him he took forever and went walrus haunting and swimming under water and got stuck on some rocks and never moved from that location, I got frustrated and had to watch a youtube video on what to do for that quest and finally completed it, I killed him in riften I think!.

I followed him around for over 3 hours real time!..

The 2 best questlines in the game I reckon...I usually do the Thieves guild first then either the Companions for the Werewolf form or the Civil War, followed by Dark Brotherhood. Then I do the Main Quest. But it is a personal choice

I ended up downloading a mod that moved the dark brotherhood forever quests to the miscellaneous menu, I''d still be doing that quest if I hadn't read it went on forever!..

I hope they patch that quest to a number like 25 or 50 times, there are other ways to make gold in the game, and a option to kill the lady in the coffin would be nice!..

Edited by sinnerman69

I ended up downloading a mod that moved the dark brotherhood forever quests to the miscellaneous menu, I''d still be doing that quest if I hadn't read it went on forever!..

I hope they patch that quest to a number like 25 or 50 times, there are other ways to make gold in the game, and a option to kill the lady in the coffin would be nice!..

I like that it lasts forever. Sometimes the quest can be a little tricky and takes time to kill them quietly.

Oh and the Night Mother is already dead. I'm not sure how or why you would kill her.

Well, I do the Thieves Guild first too, not only for the armor, but the money and the bow; as I'm a rogue, assassin, thief, bla bla bla, that uses mainly bows.

The dark brotherhood I do very later in the game, since you kill a lot of non essential npcs that have quests for you (misc generally). Ex: Narfi in Ivarstead.

Thives guild first is good, since you get standing with the guards and stuff.

:)

TG I sometimes just do to get the Fences and nothing more.

TG I sometimes do whole hog

I don't think I've ever had a playthough where I didn't join the TG though, since The Rift is my favorite area in the game. Yeah, part of the reason too is it's practically shoved down your throat once you get there. :yes:

I only tried the DB once, and stopped when they gave me the contract to kill the guy in Ivarstead. That made absolutely no sense to me, killing someone for no good reason other than we told you to. Seriously, who in their right mind would pay money to have him offed?