I can't install any patches!

ashkan33

Hi

I wanted to re_install oblivion on my pc, since i've lost my previous dvd

i bought another and now i can't install any patches on it (it says old files not found) plus my mods dosen't work either.

what should i do?

The official patches for Oblivion are very specific for the version of the game that is currently installed. There are different patches for just the original Oblivion vs. Oblivion plus Shivering Isles (as well as different language versions). The very latest disk version (Game of the Year) came with SI included, and will patch the game to version 1.2.0416 when fully installed.

Check your current version by looking in the lower left of the menu screen. If it says 1.2.0416 you are at the latest version.

In that case all I can suggest is that you are downloading the correct language version patch for the correct version of the game (with Shivering Isles installed or without Shivering Isles installed). If you are installing on a PC that has never had Oblivion installed on it before you shouldn't be having problems with old registry entries causing difficulty.

When you first install the game and go as far as the main menu what version number appears in the lower left (before you try to install any patches)?

I had this problem too when I got the game. I resolved it by finding a patch for my country. I was previously installing one for the US whereas I had to install one for the UK. Depending on the country you are in, google it i.e. "oblivion patch 1.2 (the country you are in/the country you bought the game from)" Edited by Leemerful