Could someone help me out?

Huggy94

Hi all,

I am currently trying to make lasting changes in the "showracemenu" command, but the thing is, I make the changes to my characters look (who is also a vampire if that helps) but when I save, quit and reload my save later on, my changes are totally lost. Is the console only temporary or something?

Please help!

P.S if you could help me find out how to make all changes in the console to my character and npcs everlasting when loading up the game again i'll consider giving the best reply a free steam coupon code for Stalker: Call of Pripyat.

Edited by Huggy94

How is your character a vampire - by game or by mod?

Are you:

1) Use the ` key (same as ~) to open console.

2) Type showracemenu and "enter".

3) Adjust your character's face.

4) Press ESC key to bring up the save game menu and save your character into a new save game slot while the race menu is still open.

5) Press ESC again and load the game you just saved.

From the wiki -

ShowRaceMenu, ShowBirthsignMenu, and ShowClassMenu

All three of these work in a similar way. The first will pull up the menu that lets you change your race, gender, name, and facial features, the second will let you change your birth sign, and the third will let you change your major attributes and skills. These things are touchy, though, so you need to follow these instructions on using them. First, type in the command but do not close the console window. Make the desired changes to your character, with the console window and race/class/birthsign menu open (do not hit 'Done'), then hit Esc and make a new save - load this new save. You can now close the console window, if it's still open, but at no time before now should you close it or it will revert all of your character's stats in that menu to their default. This method may not work reliably (or it may only work for the ShowRaceMenu command).Your stats will remain untouched as long as you keep the race menu and console open. Also, you need to navigate away from the first page of the menu before saving. Click 'race' and save from there. Load immediately without closing anything. Alternatively you can change your skills using the player.setav command.

Hope it helps

How is your character a vampire - by game or by mod?

Are you:

1) Use the ` key (same as ~) to open console.

2) Type showracemenu and "enter".

3) Adjust your character's face.

4) Press ESC key to bring up the save game menu and save your character into a new save game slot while the race menu is still open.

5) Press ESC again and load the game you just saved.

Hope it helps

I'm a vampire by game. And I'm pressing the key thats to the left of the 1 key and thats above the Tab key. It's this one i guess: `

The problem is that I do that saving technique, but when I quit the game and go back into it either from going to the main menu or desktop, my vamps face reverts to a kind of "stock" face, like i can only use the modified face in one session but never again if i leave the game.

:/

Here's an excerpt from the UESP Wiki page on Vampirism (Bugs section, emphasis added):

When loading a vampire character save from the main start screen, your character's face may be altered to the default face. Female vampires may have their face changed into that of an elderly male vampire (although the rest of the body remains female). To avoid this bug, load a non-vampire save from the main start screen, and then load your vampire character save from the in-game load menu. Alternatively, load the desired save, use the Console to add the cure (as detailed above), drink, then reload

This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.

Edited by Striker879

Here's an excerpt from the UESP Wiki page on Vampirism (Bugs section, emphasis added):

When loading a vampire character save from the main start screen, your character's face may be altered to the default face. Female vampires may have their face changed into that of an elderly male vampire (although the rest of the body remains female). To avoid this bug, load a non-vampire save from the main start screen, and then load your vampire character save from the in-game load menu. Alternatively, load the desired save, use the Console to add the cure (as detailed above), drink, then reload

This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.

YES! That worked! Well done for finding that.

My final question now- how can i turn npcs into vampires and keep them as vampires through console?

I could be wrong but I don't think it's possible to change an existing NPC into a vampire. The player character becomes a vampire via a scripted disease. NPC vampires are spawned from leveled lists for those you encounter in caves and ruins (see the UESP Wiki page Vampire for more information) or are unique named NPCs such as Vincente Valtieri. I'm not at my gaming computer so I can't look up Vincente in the CS to see how his vampirism is implemented (the UESP Wiki page I linked doesn't give any details on how his vampirism is achieved ... only mentions his unique garlic weakness script).

You could create some clones of the leveled list vampires, but the problem with clones of leveled list NPCs is that they disappear when their original cell resets. If you made a clone of one of the named NPC vampires you could have problems with their related quests. The console command 'createfullactorcopy' while the desired NPC's referenceID is displayed at the top of the screen will make the clone. If you want them to be non-hostile you'll need to 'moddisposition 14 100', again while their refID is displayed at the top of the screen and assuming your game's player character also has the refID 00000014 same as my game (leading zeros in refIDs aren't significant). The other thing about clones is they have no AI packages, so they'll just stand there. You can temporarily give them packages using the 'addscriptpackage <AI package ID>' console command but you'll need the CS to find the AI package ID.

- Edit - Memory could be faulty here but I think a basic wander interior package is 'aa359', so if you created the clone in an interior the console command with the clones refID shown at the top of the screen would be 'addscriptpackage aa359' (without the quote marks of course).

Edited by Striker879