Control your own army / Guild

themusicman

So if there is one thing Skyrim is lacking its the ability to form your very own army or guild. Sure you could use mods like UFO or EFF to recruit multiple followers, but we all know thats not what I mean. What I mean is starting as nothing, and building up to everything. Starting out as a small bounty hunter gang, and eventually becoming a popular guild. From their, maybe even a military force that the Stormcloaks and the Empire will have to worry about. I'm talking about the ability to really be the leader of an organization, gaining territory, wealth, power, and recruits. This is one thing I've desired since I first played Oblivion. My question to you guys is, one, is there anything even close to this currently out? And two, if not, is there anyone willing to start such a project? I know its quite a lot to ask for, but who the hell wouldn't enjoy being the ruler of an army that you could customize, send out on missions, and do your bidding? Thanks in advance to anyone that posts.

RTS (Real Time Settler) for the Fallout series is the closest anyone's ever gotten to adding a... well... RTS (Real-time strategy) component to a Havok-engine RPG, which is essentially what you're talking about. I can tell with great certainty that there's nothing like this on the scale you're looking for for Skyrim yet - there are a million technical roadblocks to creating a mod like this without it being completely linear.

Hopefully, the civil war backdrop that Skyrim provides will motivate some talented people to try to expand on it with RTS elements - I'd be one of the first in line to download it. Until that day comes, however, Mount and Blade will have to stay in Mount and Blade. :P

Figured as much. I hoped for fives years a mod like this would be made in Oblivion, and it never did. I got that feeling its gonna be another rough 5 years haha. The Elder Scrolls series has so much more depth and freedom then Mount and Blade. If we could get the concept of Mount and Blade integrated into Skyrim, well, there's not much more good that could happen to Skyrim in my opinion.

The way Bethesda is going these days, wouldn't you rather see Taleworlds develop a game with a Skyrim-sized budget? I know I would.

Don't get me wrong, I love Beth and TES and all that other good stuff, but the innovators should really be the ones with more resources at their disposal. Sadly, things often turn out the other way around.

Edited by JanusForbeare

The way Bethesda is going these days, wouldn't you rather see Taleworlds develop a game with a Skyrim-sized budget? I know I would.

Don't get me wrong, I love Beth and TES and all that other good stuff, but the innovators should really be the ones with more resources at their disposal. Sadly, things often turn out the other way around.

I would definantly LOVE to see what Taleworlds could do with a large budget. That I agree with. But in a day of age where virtually ALL big name companies seem to sell-out and do whatever they can to get the greatest income possible, I feel like Bethesda has pulled through a lot. I wish the two companies could somehow merge together, with Taleworld's sense of scale, and Bethesda's attention to detail (plus of course TES universe).

Yes, Skyrim is lacking in this aspect. I myself am in the process of making a mod that will enable to command followers/summoned/raised creatures and give them simple commands like wait follow go there or attack this actor while not activating them.

Yes, Skyrim is lacking in this aspect. I myself am in the process of making a mod that will enable to command followers/summoned/raised creatures and give them simple commands like wait follow go there or attack this actor while not activating them.

Hmmm sounds interesting man. Whats it called and also, do you have an ETA so I know when and where to look for it?

Hmmm sounds interesting man. Whats it called and also, do you have an ETA so I know when and where to look for it?

My mod is called Nature of the beast. It currently doesnt have the discussed feature and is about biological/beastial abilities. You can check it out though. As I have said I will implement the command module in the future but perhaps in another mod that will inherit the present one. No ETA. I will release it once it is ready. Check out the page of my mod from time to time for news.

Well, it seems I have fallen into some serious technical issues. I am able to force any following player actor to wait or resume following (in case of raised creatures by turning off AI - but I can make it turn on when someone is attacking my minion). I can potetnially make them attack any actor. I have no problem with detecting any actor around me an picking the one that is in the right direction towards the player, hostile to player etc but thats all. That is not enough. I would like to make all actors to be as cotrollable as in Summon Skeletal Horde. But I cannot do it with actors that are followers or raised from death and these are the most interesting for me. I can only do this with summoned actors nd possibly with actors that are not following the player. Any one has any experience with this?

Oh well I think I will do some kind of wolf/dog pack mod for now. Something like a druid minion system. It should play well with the rest of my mod. Sorry. Perhaps in the future I will make some kind of dwemer army or raised skeleton army (in the last case they wont be raised from corpses in reality but summoned in the place of a humanoid corpse to avoid issues with raised from death creatures ai).