How can I (with ck or tes5edit) make a spell add magic rate damage to self?

yudhi108

I want to make a very powerful spell, but I want it to cost a lot of mana (I know how to edit spell cost) and also make it so that the players magic will not regenerate for 10-20 seconds after casting the spell. Can anyone tell me how to add the effect of the players magic not regenerating for a specified time to a spell cost?

Depending on what type of spell whether it's aimed/target loc/self tye answer can vary.

If your spell is anything besides a self cast, you'll have to make a script to apply another spell for your requeted time, and then remove it when done.

I would suggest the script route myself. Start by making the spell that drains magicka on the player in CK. Then make the spell you want that's powerful in CK. Add a script that Oneffectstart adds the debuff spell to the player. Throw in a Utility.Wait() in there with whatever time you want, can even use a variable and define it via property. OnEffectFinish, remove the debuff via script. Compile and save. Define your properties.

At that point make a spell tome with your main spell, and determine how you'll acess it in game.

If you need reference just check www.creationkit.com and best of luck.

Depending on what type of spell whether it's aimed/target loc/self tye answer can vary.

If your spell is anything besides a self cast, you'll have to make a script to apply another spell for your requeted time, and then remove it when done.

I would suggest the script route myself. Start by making the spell that drains magicka on the player in CK. Then make the spell you want that's powerful in CK. Add a script that Oneffectstart adds the debuff spell to the player. Throw in a Utility.Wait() in there with whatever time you want, can even use a variable and define it via property. OnEffectFinish, remove the debuff via script. Compile and save. Define your properties.

At that point make a spell tome with your main spell, and determine how you'll acess it in game.

If you need reference just check www.creationkit.com and best of luck.

I appreciate your comment. It took me a while to get back to you because I had hit a brick wall lol. All my scripts made sense to me, and I had gotten many to compile, but I couldn't get my effect to work in game. Turns out it's because I was using a aimed self script on a spell that was aimed target. The script thus only fires if a target is hit, rather than it firing when the spell is cast.