How do i remove the different first person view from deadly reflex 6

I wanted to know how to remove the altered first person view in the mod "Deadly reflex 6" it makes it hard to use bows, and to tell when my fists are out. and since im playing as an archer that's good in hand to hand combat, this is really annoying. So i wondered if any of you can tell me how to remove this feature and what files to delete to make it go back to the normal first person view.

Backup the file skeleton.nif found in Oblivion\Data\meshes\characters\_1stperson and then install the skeleton.nif you find in the folder Oblivion\Data\meshes\characters\_1stperson after you extract Universal Skeleton Nif to a temporary folder. You may find some or all of DR6's special moves won't work afterward.

Backup the file skeleton.nif found in Oblivion\Data\meshes\characters\_1stperson and then install the skeleton.nif you find in the folder Oblivion\Data\meshes\characters\_1stperson after you extract Universal Skeleton Nif to a temporary folder. You may find some or all of DR6's special moves won't work afterward.

What do you mean by extracting that universal skeleton to a temporary folder? Im not so good at this kind of stuff.

i really do think that they should have made this alternate first person view optional.

Edited by Carmelpoptart

Go to the 'Files' tab on the Universal Skeleton Nif page and under the heading 'Main Files' either click on the words 'UniversalSkeletonNIF181' or 'download manually'. You'll get a screen saying the file is being prepared for download ... be patient and then a Windows dialogue will open. In that dialogue take note of where it is currently defaulting to download to, or preferably scroll down until you can see the word 'Computer' in the left hand pane. Single left click the little triangle to the left of the word Computer and a list will open. Single left click on the words 'Local Disk (C:)' and you'll notice that at the top of the dialogue it now says 'Computer > Local Disk (C:)'. Just below that click on the words 'New Folder' and then type in UniversalSkeletonNIF' and hit Enter. Click on 'Save (lower right) and once it's done saving close the remaining window on the Nexus download page (on my computer at least the 'File being prepared' window stays open in the background during the download process).

Open Windows Explorer (Start > All Programs scroll down to Accessories and then select Windows Explorer) and navigate to the UniversalSkeletonNIF folder you created in the root of C drive (same way as when you created it ... expand Computer > Local Disk (C:) in the left pane and then single left click on UniversalSkeletonNIF). In the right pane you'll see the file UniversalSkeletonNIF181-37596.7z. Providing you have installed the utility 7-Zip you can just double click on UniversalSkeletonNIF181-37596.7z in the right hand pane (if you haven't installed 7-Zip see those instructions below). By default 7-Zip will extract the archive to the same folder you saved the download to ... that's the best place. When it's done close the 7-Zip window.

Now in Windows Explorer you'll see three new folders, ControlableSkeleton, ForModders and TotalControlableSkeleton. In the left pane expand the ControlableSkeleton folder until you can see it expanded fully. In the left pane single left click on the folder ControlableSkeleton\Data\meshes\characters\_1stperson and you'll see the file skeleton.nif in the right hand pane. Right click skeleton.nif and select copy from the right click menu.

Now open a new Windows Explorer window (same way Start > All Programs > Accessories > Windows Explorer). Navigate to where you installed Oblivion the same way you navigated to your UniversalSkeletonNIF folder. In the left pane expand your game install folders to show Oblivion\Data\meshes\characters\_1stperson and find the existing file named 'skeleton.nif'. Right click on that skeleton.nif and select 'Rename' from the right click menu. The file name will be highlighted. Single left click in the highlight and move your cursor to the start of the name. Type in DR6 and hit Enter. The file name should now be 'DR6skeleton.nif'. Next right click on the folder '_1stperson' in the left hand pane (still in your game install Oblivion\Data\meshes\characters folder path) and select 'Paste' from the right click menu. You will now find the file 'skeleton.nif' you copied from your extracted download located in your game install's Oblivion\Data\meshes\characters\_1stperson folder.

See if the new first person skeleton corrects your issue. If not it's just a matter of deleting the skeleton.nif you copied to Oblivion\Data\meshes\characters\_1stperson and renaming DR6skeleton.nif back to skeleton.nif.

If you haven't already installed 7-Zip you can download it from here and install it before you attack my wall of text (it's hard to write a step by step guide any other way ... at least for me).