ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Trying again. How to get bodyslide and CBBE to work with vortex. I want to use vortex but this will be the make it or break it.

NateV8

Ok so I reinstalled skyrim SE on my C: in programs files...etc. Hardlinking vortex files on the C. Installed CBBE with vanilla replacer, installed custom preset, installed bodyslide.

I have built the body and deployed, batched it and deployed and batched it to a anothe rlocation, zipped it, installed like a mod and let it overwrite CBBE (as it conflicts with the default CBBE body now) and nothing. God damn nothing. Eveything is there. I'm so pissed because of the time wasted on 3 simple mods. For the record I tied it with MO2 and it worked no problem. So why does it not work with vortex?

Also I just tried killing an npc and removing her clothes and it's a vanilla body. I though maybe it was just the clothes not batching but the body would be replaced.

Unrelated to your problem, but please never install games into Program Files. Vortex yes - but not games. You are just asking for trouble.

Assuming you have a legit copy and installed through Steam, and you need to have games on your C: drive (only drive maybe),

have Steam install to something like C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition.

Have Vortex search for it or tell it directly where the game is.

Set up a downloads directory like C:\Vortex\Downloads. Tell Vortex where it is.

Set up a mods directory for Skyrim SE on the same partition as the game. Tell Vortex where it is.

Install CBBE as a mod.

Install Bodyslide as a mod.

Deploy.

Go to Vortex dashboard and set up Bodyslide as an action if it is not already.

Edit the Bodyslide executable path and point it to the copy in your game's data\CalienteTools\BodySlide directory.

Run BodySlide from the dashboard. Deploy again - can't hurt.

Report back.

Well - I lied. Maybe this was related to your problem.

All of this has been done already. The only thing that is not as you said is that my steam installed to my program files X86

EDIT: alternate start live another life is working just fine so the game being in the program files shouldn't hurt?

Edited by NateV8

In Program Files, you get into UAC considerations. The whole directory structure from there likes to be read-only. Windows "Protecting" you from yourself.

Is that affecting you - I just don't know. It is especially touchy on Windows 10.

I noticed that when I tried to put the mods folder in there, vortex said NO. So I put the folder in C; Vortex Mods and it hasn't had an issue. I'm currently redownloading calientes cbbe JUST IN CASE,

• 2 months later...

An existing Bodyslide was operating from a drop tool icon within NMM. The installation of Vortex changed all that. Vortex installed mods and Bodyslide program re-installed on the F: drive as before, but Bodyslide will not run, I got it to accept setup.xrc. It told me to check configuration tool info. I can't find anything that makes that work. Bodyslide is now nonfunctional to me and every program mod utilizing it. I am not well versed enough to fix it so far.
Vortex runs and mods install, other conflicts resolve but the add tool feature won't find the paths for Bodyslide again. It won't start either. The last time it worked with NMM was here
F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\BodySlide and Outfit Studio - v4.7.0-25-4-7-0-1539383859\
I tried other places Windows 10 operating system is on the C:
I have fumbled with it for weeks now on and off for use with Fallout. I guess I just don't know how to install on the F: drive again.
I think my modding days are over.

An existing Bodyslide was operating from a drop tool icon within NMM. The installation of Vortex changed all that. Vortex installed mods and Bodyslide program re-installed on the F: drive as before, but Bodyslide will not run, I got it to accept setup.xrc. It told me to check configuration tool info. I can't find anything that makes that work. Bodyslide is now nonfunctional to me and every program mod utilizing it. I am not well versed enough to fix it so far.

Vortex runs and mods install, other conflicts resolve but the add tool feature won't find the paths for Bodyslide again. It won't start either. The last time it worked with NMM was here

F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\BodySlide and Outfit Studio - v4.7.0-25-4-7-0-1539383859\

I tried other places Windows 10 operating system is on the C:

I have fumbled with it for weeks now on and off for use with Fallout. I guess I just don't know how to install on the F: drive again.

I think my modding days are over.

If modifying the Dashboard link to Bodyslide is too much for you - close Vortex. You don't need it running.

Navigate to your game directory. Data/CalienteTools/Bodyslide.

Double click on BodySlide x64.exe.

Done.