[LE] Porting Custom Follower to SE

aonach

Awesome! Glad that worked! Yep, that RM facegeom NIF has to be converted/optimized as well.

Regarding the RM DDS file, Skyla explains that in the standalone video I think. You basically copy and paste it in the SSE data/textures/.../facegen/facetint/yourmod folder. Sitting in there currently is the auto-generated facetint DDS for your mod (ie.000XXXX.dds) and a TGA file. The process is the same for what you did for the facegeom NIF. Basically, you need to replace the old, auto-generated DDS+TGA with the RM DDS.

1) Copy the filename of the old a-g DDS and then delete both old, a-g files.

2) Drag n drop your RM DDS file into the folder where the old, a-g’s were stored and rename the file to match the old one.

3) You also need to create a TGA file — easy! Just copy and paste the RM DDS file and rename the duplicate by JUST replacing the .dds with .tga — a Windows message will appear about changing the file type just say yes and you’re good.

4) So now there should only be 2 files (if its a single-follower mod) in the facetint/yourmod folder: the Renamed RM DDS and the TGA, ie. 000XXXX.dds and 000XXXX.tga. Now I would select both files and create a 7ZIP archive of them because the CK 2.0/64bit, as you’re probably already aware, will annoyingly auto-gen and overwrite the two files in there if you have to edit/resave your mod. If that happens you can simply delete the auto-gens, right-click over the archive file and “extract here”. Bam. I hope that all made sense.

Yeah, replacing the CK dds and nif files I knew about- the mistake I made was renaming the old ones to replace the ones created by CK64 after resaving the esp. I was also not sure about how to set the settings in optimizer to export the nif from RM. Its the combination of variables that makes the process so difficult, and its surprisingly hard to find the right information on these things. You can spend hours digging through Nexus forums, Reddit, and Google til your fingers bleed without landing on the right page. I appreciate that you took the time to fill in the missing pieces. Cheers.

Awesome!

Regarding the settings in SSENO (version 3.0.5), I have never changed any setting on there other than "head parts only" when I've converted my SLE followers to SSE. I leave "calculate bounds", "clean skinning" and "remove parallax" checked. I also have "Sub Directories" checked and "write log" checked. I have never had to mess with extras.