Any mods that replace the main quest entirely?

voidignition

I don't mean to rain on anyone who likes FO4 main quest, but I personally don't like the wasteland, politically correct dad simulator, I suppose I'm an old gamer.

I know there are mods for an alternate start, but are there any mods that replace the main quest entirely and make me not care that much for Shaun, or any mods that include a long quest of many hours, for me to care for instead of the main quest?

I uninstalled FO4 and all it's mods, because I was so disappointed, but I'd really want to give this another shot, however the dad profile came up again and again, whether his voice was too emotional for me or the dialog options just weren't interesting enough, and it just killed my vibe in game.

Sorry if anyone is taking offense for this, I just genuinely want to see if there's mods that fix the story altogether.

I checked Tales from the Commonwealth on youtube and a few others, but they either don't allow a silent protagonist mod along or won't allow me to check all dialogue options/know exactly what my character is going to say before I choose a dialog option. But maybe a good quest of many hours, a silent protagonist support and know exactly what my character is going to say along with dialog options that are interesting is too much to ask or being too picky nowadays for this fallout version?

If you go to Nuka-World and do the raider thing, the minutemen will hate you... so thats a different way to go. You can just ignore going after your son if you want.

Also, Project Valkyr offers up a different ending altogether, although I realize that's not completely what you wanted. If you combine it with the other two big mods by the same team (Fusion City and 50 ways to die at Doctor Nick's), you'll have tons of things to do that have nothing to do with Shaun... and some of them are VERY un-dad like. LOL

I only used the male persona on my first play-through. Every other play-through since I've used Nora instead. Its definitely NOT a 'dad' thing, and she doesn't even do the 'Mommy' thing all that much (at least, not as much as the male option does 'dad', IMO). Plus, it was just creepy whenever Preston called me babe (Shhhhhh... not in front of the settlers!)

I don't mean to rain on anyone who likes FO4 main quest, but I personally don't like the wasteland, politically correct dad simulator, I suppose I'm an old gamer.

I know there are mods for an alternate start, but are there any mods that replace the main quest entirely and make me not care that much for Shaun, or any mods that include a long quest of many hours, for me to care for instead of the main quest?

ÃÃÃÂ

I uninstalled FO4 and all it's mods, because I was so disappointed, but I'd really want to give this another shot, however the dad profile came up again and again, whether his voice was too emotional for me or the dialog options just weren't interesting enough, and it just killed my vibe in game.

Sorry if anyone is taking offense for this, I just genuinely want to see if there's mods that fix the story altogether.

ÃÃÃÂ

I checked Tales from the Commonwealth on youtube and a few others, but they either don't allow a silent protagonist mod along or won't allow me to check all dialogue options/know exactly what my character is going to say before I choose a dialog option. But maybe a good quest of many hours, a silent protagonist support and know exactly what my character is going to say along with dialog options that are interesting is too much to ask or being too picky nowadays for this fallout version?

I'm on my phone so can't quote properly, but the bolded part, there's a mod for that. I use it. I haven't played in a while so can't remember what it's called but it makes it so when you mouse over the dialog option it reveals underneath what your character is going to say if you choose it.

It should be in the top mods list as it's fairly popular.

Does anyone else know what its called?

For overhauls, the only one I know of, and use, is Frost. Removes the main quest and all original NPC's and has its own story, in a way. But you're free to make your own, unlike the pre-written one of the original.

Edited by star-mystyk