CM Partners Question

kingtitan

I sincerely hope this is not a silly question but I am having issues with CM partners not technically starting. It has been awhile since I have messed around with the CM mod so I wanted to ask the community in the hopes that someone better than myself can help me out. Anyway the mod is activated in the load order, however this is the issue: The cm mod works in older saves, but not in new games. However, when I start a new game, I rarely go through "tutorial tunnel" but instead use the "coc" console command to get out of jail. Do I have to go a certain distance through the "tutorial" to get the CM mod to start up? I can't remember what I did for older saves so my assumption is that I need to go further in the sewers. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Do yourself a favour. Go through the tutorial dungeon and right at the end before the menus come up to finalize or change your character (when you see the sewer exit in the disatnce) make a named save using the console. Next time you want to start a new character load that save and make your changes to race, birthsign etc. and exit the sewer.

Do yourself a favour. Go through the tutorial dungeon and right at the end before the menus come up to finalize or change your character (when you see the sewer exit in the disatnce) make a named save using the console. Next time you want to start a new character load that save and make your changes to race, birthsign etc. and exit the sewer.

For as long as I've played this game I have never thought of that... how silly of me. Should that solve my CM issue though?

Edited by kingtitan

I could be wrong, but I think mods that automatically start without the player doing something to trigger the start would still rely on some sort of trigger. I know when I exited the sewer on my second character I was inundated with quest messages (my first character had a vanilla install so the sewer exit was far less 'busy'). I suppose if you found the correct stage for the CM Partners script or maybe script name you could console start the quest. I'd go for the easy way myself ... one last tutorial dungeon crawl. Then all you'll need to do is get your personality high enough or play the persuasion mini-game to get them liking you enough to join you.

I searched through the quest scripting but didn't find anything conclusive. However, I did reinstall the mod which seemed to fix the issues! I really don't know what the problem was but it is fixed now. Thanks for your help Striker.

If I recall correctly the CM partner quest text comes up just after you exit the tutorial tunnel into the world space. COCing out tends to mess with the game, I've done it also and had issues with it not triggering. COCing out affected a number of other quest from starting such as the info to see the Archeology Guild for Lost Spires and to see Snak Gra-Bura for horse armor.

The tunnel save is one good way to get around this problem. Another is to use a alternate start mod such as Alternate Start Revamped. I've been using it for new games for a while now and each time the CM partner quest triggers after you get your house key or once you step off the boat in Anvil Harbor.